PDA

View Full Version : Searching for bombibg suspect....residual damage

jak
04-19-2013, 07:37 PM
I was watching the news coverage of the teams searching the homes looking for the bombing suspect. I was wondering that if during the search of the home the teams find some rifles or pistols. What happens next ? Is the search put on hold while the owners of the weapons are questioned ? If the owners are not allowed to have a gun in their possession, is the gun confiscated at that time and the owner arrested or would the police have to come back later with a search warrant ? If the owners can legally own a gun will they put on a list "for future reference" (like now we know where some guns are located) ?
Just wondering !!!!

ordmm
04-21-2013, 01:03 PM
I was watching the news coverage of the teams searching the homes looking for the bombing suspect. I was wondering that if during the search of the home the teams find some rifles or pistols. What happens next ? Is the search put on hold while the owners of the weapons are questioned ? If the owners are not allowed to have a gun in their possession, is the gun confiscated at that time and the owner arrested or would the police have to come back later with a search warrant ? If the owners can legally own a gun will they put on a list "for future reference" (like now we know where some guns are located) ?
Just wondering !!!!

Wathed this vid of a neighborhood search and figure if this is how things are going to be in this country then the two terrorists did win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4nrkcUV_7Qk

Jimbo Slice
04-21-2013, 03:17 PM
After watching that video I believe it is painfully obvious that law enforcement agencies in this country are completely ill equipped (through training and mindset) to handle most situations.

Before I go any further I would like to make it clear that I do not wish ill will upon most LEO's. There are good ones and a very few bad ones in this nation. It is not my place to judge them at this time.

Now examine what the ex cop did in Cali a few months ago. One man drove those agencies to the brink of madness. Imagine for a minute that there had been a squad or worse yet a platoon size force. There would have been no way that regular law enforcement would have been able to stop them. I don't care how much "tactical" gear they are issued (I laugh at the images of all these beat cops with their 3 point harnesses and M4's strutting around like they're the fastest shit on the block).

Now imagine, if you will, that the person holding the camera in the previous video was armed with a rifle and basic rifle training. What you would have seen was a pile of dead police on that street.

I guess what I'm getting at is that these guys are treading on dangerous ground. Eventually they're going to try and subvert the rights of the wrong person and it will be very bad.

Just rambling... never mind me.

EDIT: Here's something to lighten the mood a bit. FBI Agent climbs unlocked gate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HK4okhMPLs

timshufflin
04-21-2013, 04:35 PM
Another instance that has me shaking my head and proclaiming, what is there worth fighting for? The enemy is often within. This "terrorist" was a complete savage animal but if this type of search was really carried out, the police are even worse. I am far more concerned with the police then any "terrorist". This is not the country the founders drew up.