PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo "News"

KnickKnack
04-22-2013, 05:45 PM
Yahoo "News" used to allow readers to make comments on the stories they ran. That feature has now been removed, probably because the comments from the Right Wing made too much sense for them and the Left Wing could only respond with personal insults against the Right Wingers.

Anyway, they are now somehow trying to humanize the Boston Terrorists by running stories like this:

http://gma.yahoo.com/bombing-suspect-called-mom-moments-deadly-shootout-120810324--abc-news-topstories.html

The main point of this story is to tell how one of the terrorists called his mother in the middle of a gun battle with police to tell her he loved her. How sweet! Too bad none of the people he killed were allowed to call their mothers before he murdered them.

Then there is this story, about some twit writing a poem to the terrorists:

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-presses/amanda-palmer-writes-poem-boston-marathon-terror-suspect-173937927.html

One of the lines of the poem refers to how awful it is that "water boarding" is used on terrorists. Apparently ripping limbs from human bodies by using bombs is ok, though.

There was one other story, that I can't locate now, all about how the 2 Terrorists had no permits for the pistols they were carrying. Like Terrorists buy their guns at the local gun shop or gun show and fill out the FFL paperwork. "Check here if you are a Terrorist".

And lastly, there are the stories, full of family photos, of the threats and pain the family of the Terrorists are going through. Every time I see another picture of these two thugs, I get a little more nauseated. How about we show the pictures of the dead and injured laying on the sidewalks of Boston after these two destroyed their lives and the lives of their families? Those pictures should be on the front page everyday and on posters in the streets. This is the real face of Terrorism, not the carefully edited pictures of sweet young boys.

Sorry for the "Letter to the Editor" here, but apparently you can no longer comment on "News" stories in the "Media".

Schriv
04-23-2013, 10:43 AM
I see comments on all of the Yahoo articles that I'm looking at this morning.
That is usually a lot more entertaining than the articles.

Prince Humperdink
04-23-2013, 03:16 PM
I see comments on all of the Yahoo articles that I'm looking at this morning.
That is usually a lot more entertaining than the articles.

That's my favorite part,and yes,most entertaining!

KnickKnack
04-23-2013, 04:17 PM
Well, when I pull up any of the stories on Yahoo now, I cannot see, nor post, comments. Perhaps I have been banned? I know that when I did comment, the Liberals would all gang up with "thumbs down", so maybe I got too many of them. But yes, the comments were more entertaining than the articles, if entertainment is what you are going for in your "news".

Schriv
04-24-2013, 03:08 PM
Yahoo news and pretty much every other news outlet have dumbed down their 'reporting' to fit the tiny screens on smart phones and the tiny brains of the users.
I get so sick of hearing 'follow us on twitter' for the latest news on every damn TV and radio station. At 140 characters a post, how much real info can they expect to provide??? NO!! How about you report the F'ing news the way you used to.

timshufflin
04-28-2013, 08:16 PM
Yahoo, like any "news" organization, has/should report all the news. I was really glad to read the article and enjoyed it. If what is being said about the mother and kids is all true, knowing that the mother knew the kids were about to die made my day.