PDA

View Full Version : Getting A Little Expensive, Isn't It?

Punch The Clown
04-25-2013, 11:11 AM
Is it me or is this hobby getting prohibitively expensive? I see firearms and parts selling for triple and quadruple what they did just a few short years ago. I may just have to give some love to what I already have and put any future projects on hold for a while.

Orlando
04-25-2013, 11:35 AM
Yes but a great time to sell. Be thinning the herd alittle myself

Punch The Clown
04-25-2013, 11:55 AM
Yes but a great time to sell. Be thinning the herd alittle myself

But I don't want to sell-I want MORE!

cuppednlocked
04-25-2013, 11:59 AM
A friend just sold a case of CCI Blaser .22 lr ammo on GunBroker for $525 + shipping.

I have more than a case of Fed Bulk 550 .22 lr ammo that will be going on the auction block soon... If people are willing to spend it, I'm willing to sell it!

jak
04-25-2013, 01:46 PM
A friend just sold a case of CCI Blaser .22 lr ammo on GunBroker for $525 + shipping.

I have more than a case of Fed Bulk 550 .22 lr ammo that will be going on the auction block soon... If people are willing to spend it, I'm willing to sell it!

Buy low, sell high is my motto.

LEAD POISON
04-25-2013, 02:52 PM
AS you guys know I collected AK 47's & black guns years ago.I had pictures here.
Well there almost all gone.Triple and more for what I paid for them.Better than my IRA.
Now the stuff is coming back down. Almost time to buy again ??????

Punch The Clown
04-25-2013, 03:02 PM
LP. you are quite the entrepreneur.$clapper$

canes7
04-25-2013, 03:17 PM
AS you guys know I collected AK 47's & black guns years ago.I had pictures here.
Well there almost all gone.Triple and more for what I paid for them.Better than my IRA.
Now the stuff is coming back down. Almost time to buy again ??????

I think the October/November timeframe will be good for a buying frenzy. I'll have recovered from Oktoberfest by then, all the dopes who overpaid for their panic purchases will be looking at their stuff and start thinking about Christmas and the 2014 campaign will be in full swing.

I'm going to bet that another dipshit dem will be elected in 2016. I am going to stack my gun room and garage from floor to ceiling with mags, ammo, lowers and various other parts. I am so sure that over the next few years the shortages we see now will be considered "the good old days" that I may even wipe out my retirement savings to build this stock.

Eli
04-25-2013, 03:46 PM
Part of it is the USD has been historically strong, so imported stuff was cheap. The USD is tanking now, so prices are more realistic.
The other part is also due to the USD tanking, inflation is taking off. My some estimates, inflation is over 25%. You're not getting the return you think you are, but on larger scales hyperinflation causes capital gains taxation with no real gain in value. Win for .gov!

Eli

Punch The Clown
04-25-2013, 04:59 PM
Part of it is the USD has been historically strong, so imported stuff was cheap. The USD is tanking now, so prices are more realistic.
The other part is also due to the USD tanking, inflation is taking off. My some estimates, inflation is over 25%. You're not getting the return you think you are, but on larger scales hyperinflation causes capital gains taxation with no real gain in value. Win for .gov!

Eli

Eli. a few weeks ago one of the msnbc rejects-I don't remember which one-said that "it" was sick and tired of all these false claims of inflation by the Right Wing, and that if you discount fuel, groceries, and housing there IS NO inflation.

These libs are mesmerized by obama. He's like a Svengali. chris matthews was screaming like a lunatic about how obama is the greatest American ever, and about how "it" is flawless in every way.

Prince Humperdink
04-25-2013, 05:04 PM
I'm considering selling that AR-A1 upper I built because I hate to say it,but I like the feel of the A2 better and I don't want to wait anymore for the stupid BCG I ordered Feb 1st.I don't even want to try to get the stuff for the lower....Hmmmmm,powerful decisions!

seaninmich
04-25-2013, 05:04 PM

Eli

BINGO! yeah, you sold that stuff for 3 times as many dollars, but when you go to the store, those dollars only by 1/3 of what they did a few years ago. If gas, groceries, clothes, cars, etc were all the same price now that they were when you bought your guns, yes you made money. really, though, you didn't.

buzzy
04-25-2013, 05:43 PM
Yes, but if you look at it this way, over the years if you break even and don't lose, aren't you really making money? You certainly aren't going to make anything by putting it in the bank.
Guns and ammo are like any other commodity, they are a hedge against inflation.