PDA

View Full Version : New Garand Addiction.. Who knew? Sigh..

JackC
05-09-2013, 12:19 PM
Good day all,

Wasn't sure which area of the forum to post a hello from the Hudson Valley, New York. So I figured here was a good a place as any to start. Relatively new to Garands and ordered my first, an SA-SG from the CMP end of January. Well, that didn't seem quite good enough so before February was done order number 2 went out for an HRA-SGS... Now so far my bride's been a good sport about it all, sort of rolls her eyes and smiles with that boys will be boys look on her face and i'm thinking, sweet! Then I discover the coolness that is an M1D and put that one on the list but I'm patient... THEN out of no where I stumble onto Shuff's website after an obscure Garand Google search and there she is!!! A Mini-G!!! The humanity... Sigh..

Be Safe,

Jack

Punch The Clown
05-09-2013, 12:41 PM
Welcome Jack. I too am from the libtard state of new york. You will find everyone here are good people-no douches allowed. Get some posts on and request access to the War Room if you like.

JackC
05-09-2013, 12:51 PM
Thanks Punch! I appreciate it and will indeed be getting some posts in, have a ton of questions... First along the lines of building up both a Mini-G and an M1D over time. Deciding which one first and wat should I acquire as donor rifles? I don't mind waiting for the CMP cost wise but not sure if I should order a FG or RG or simply a barreled receiver? I guess part of the fun is the journey..

I've seen some great pics and have read some thoughtful posts here so far.. I welcome any ideas and/or input..

Thanks,

Jack

JackC
05-09-2013, 01:17 PM
By the by, I hear you concerning New York.. If it was as easy as packing up mama and leaving.... I'd be a Texan.. :)

axemurderer
05-09-2013, 04:43 PM
Hi Jack

AS a an other fellow here behind enemy lines in NY. welcome aboard.

mike

toolman
05-10-2013, 04:31 PM
Welcome to the nut house sir!!! Peace toolman

JackC
05-11-2013, 04:12 PM
Thanks all! My first Garand, an HRA Service Grade Special just hit the e store! Oh God.. The madness has me! Just ordered a Bad T-1 tool as well.. Crazy tracking one down..

Punch The Clown
05-11-2013, 05:15 PM
By the by, I hear you concerning New York.. If it was as easy as packing up mama and leaving.... I'd be a Texan.. :)

Jack, we have some strict grammar rules here. Anything we despise or ANYTHING involved with liberals are to be addressed in this fashion.
For example, new york should be lower case while Texas is upper case. obama, clinton, shumer, cuomo-notice all lower case. Also when referring to a liberal remember never to use "he" or "she", but rather "it". eg. "it" (shumer) is a senator from new york. You'll catch on.

JackC
05-11-2013, 07:29 PM
Jack, we have some strict grammar rules here. Anything we despise or ANYTHING involved with liberals are to be addressed in this fashion.
For example, new york should be lower case while Texas is upper case. obama, clinton, shumer, cuomo-notice all lower case. Also when referring to a liberal remember never to use "he" or "she", but rather "it". eg. "it" (shumer) is a senator from new york. You'll catch on.

Well played Sir! :)

smc51
05-12-2013, 10:56 AM
Hey Jack, Welcome to the Forum!
Many Years ago I had the Pleasure to visit the Hudson Valley in upper state New York. What a beautiful place!!

JackC
05-12-2013, 11:35 AM
Hey Jack, Welcome to the Forum!
Many Years ago I had the Pleasure to visit the Hudson Valley in upper state New York. What a beautiful place!!

Indeed it is!!! And even more so further north in the Adirondack's. Saratoga/Lake George Area is where the bride and I plan to call home in a few years.

timshufflin
05-13-2013, 09:07 PM
new york sucks, I pray for my friends behind enemy lines.

Old Guard
05-23-2013, 12:40 PM
I Sure Hope that yankee gun-control stuff stays up north..Don't believe it would fly well down here, or in TEXAS...But I know Politics do suck badly..