PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with CMP's barreled receivers?

Jimbo Slice
05-26-2013, 01:02 PM
Like the title suggests, I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience dealing with the CMP in regards to their barreled receivers. To me they look like a decent deal since I'm just looking to build up a nice little shooter.

What are you guys' thoughts on them?

Thanks in advance.

Brinks352
05-26-2013, 02:27 PM
They are a great deal. If you have the parts to finish them and /or get a FG for a donor gun.

seaninmich
05-26-2013, 02:35 PM
The current batch are very nice. Ive inspected them at the north store. Barrels were all like new

jak
05-26-2013, 04:45 PM
I mail ordered one back in March. The pictures make it look darker than it actually is. The color of the receiver is a light gray.

http://forum.shuffsparkerizing.com/showthread.php?4001-Barrel-Receiver-arrived

buzzy
05-26-2013, 07:34 PM
Verify the headspace. I have had two that headspaced perfectly and two that headspaced way too short.

Mike
05-27-2013, 08:26 AM
Hi, I got parts but don't have an extra op rod or gas cylinder. After figuring the cost of an op rod and what rear sights are going for it was cheaper for me to get a FG. And I already have a triger group and all the other stuff. Regards, Mike

Old Guard
05-29-2013, 08:02 AM
Yeap, Now that the BUGG has bitten a bunch of us, Garands are in high demand...I am waiting till June, then ordering another HRA complete rifle...Just because of the individual parts being so high..I realize many people are buying them, just to sell the parts...Who knows, I might get lucky and get something to brag about from CMP???? I did order the standard barrelled reciever over a month ago..and still will be on the list for a lot more time..