PDA

View Full Version : Fairtrimmers Charges $4 For Instructions?

Punch The Clown
05-29-2011, 12:43 AM
If you want to find out how to use it you have to pay Frank $4? Check it out. Am I missing something? Stu
http://www.fairtrimmers.com/purchasepage.html

Orlando
05-29-2011, 07:05 AM
Go to your local Lowes, Home Depot, hardware/paint store and buy a can of Watco Danish oil. Its the same thing and dont have to pay for instructions

MH53GUNNER
05-29-2011, 07:56 AM
WOW! 4 bucks! Do a search on the CMP forum. Frank used to do it for free!:mad:

Did you notice that Frank no longer sells directly to us low life? He has a deal with Brownells and has no use for us.

seaninmich
05-29-2011, 10:35 AM
who cares?? the stuff is junk. Of all the stuff I've tried and used to finish wood over the last 20 years, fairtrimmers was BY FAR the biggest pile of crap I'd ever had the misfortune of buying.

Punch The Clown
05-29-2011, 10:52 AM
Sean, so I have to assume you're not going to pony-up the $4 for the finishing tips?

seaninmich
05-29-2011, 11:12 AM
No, but I'd happily pay that hack snake-oil salesman whatever he wants to disappear and stop cheating the unsuspecting public

Orlando
05-29-2011, 12:21 PM
I gotta agree with Sean, I bought a can of it , tired it once and it now sits on a shelf in the basement.
I have used Watco and while I think its basically the same thing I like actually like it. I will use Watco on new commercial wood but still prefer BLO on USGI wood

paid4c4
05-29-2011, 02:21 PM
I don't know what happened to Frank. When he started his business I thought he was a nice guy with a good idea. But to charge 4 bux for instructions is a rip off. So much for Ox it's now off my list.
Bill

dogboysdad
05-29-2011, 10:18 PM
I don't know what happened to Frank. When he started his business I thought he was a nice guy with a good idea. But to charge 4 bux for instructions is a rip off. So much for Ox it's now off my list.
Bill

I have to agree. Four bucks for instructions is nuts. That stuff didn't do it for me. I'd use it on new wood, but BLO and turp are still my favorite on USGI wood. Maybe it's the smell?????????

Orlando
05-30-2011, 06:58 AM
This is what success can do, I have seen it happen many times. A small buissness will let it go to their heads

MH53GUNNER
05-30-2011, 11:08 AM
I still like fairtrimmers for some stocks. I have to admit that the Danish oil works just as well, for that matter so does the Formbys Tung Oil . The CMP forums and others made Franks product what it is today. Lets see if the sales through Brownells are going to help or hurt his business.

timshufflin
05-31-2011, 05:46 PM
Guys, I believe that folks are being a bit hard on Frank about this. I don't agree that he should charge $4 for the instructions so let's get that off the table right now. I do believe that it's an idea that Frank probably thought sounded good at the time of conception, like some ideas do, but sounds like $&itt in reality. I've known Frank for several years and this idea of charging $4 for simple stock finishing techniques may not be what it sounds like. Perhaps this is a small tutorial, almost booklet length, on finishing stocks? Whatever it is, it's either poorly explained or ill advised.

This all said, I will not throw four years of friendship and belief in people out the window over on idea that didn't go over well. Some of you may know Frank like I do and I would encourage you to have trust in the man you know. Frank is a good person and none of us know what was going through his head when he thought of this. For those of you that don't know Frank, give the man the benefit of the doubt please. There's nothing ethically wrong with what he's doing even if it's simple refinishing tips he's selling so let's not make this out to be something it is not.

Sean, you are an obnoxious bafoon for saying what you did. I suppose I'm now supposed to shut down my forum and disassociate myself from you for what you said? You too Stu, I should forsake you both on the Southern code. While I do not agree with any of you, you have the right to say it, no matter what a dumb @ss I think you are.

Rick B
05-31-2011, 07:10 PM
He hated me and I just ignored him. You will never get a stuck up attitude from me and I am always willing to help someone finish their own stock,,, FOR FREE. I cannot tell you the amount of time I have lost with emails and phone calls helping people out and I can lay my head down at night knowing I was good to people. Rick B

paid4c4
05-31-2011, 07:26 PM
Tim, I don't know Frank as well as you do but I've had a number of discussions with him over the years. You must have strong reasons to defend Frank as you have which I can respect. So I'll hold further comments.
Bill

timshufflin
05-31-2011, 08:20 PM
He hated me and I just ignored him. You will never get a stuck up attitude from me and I am always willing to help someone finish their own stock,,, FOR FREE. I cannot tell you the amount of time I have lost with emails and phone calls helping people out and I can lay my head down at night knowing I was good to people. Rick B

Rick, you do offer the time to people to help them when they need it. I have sent numerous people to you for both stock work and to bounce ideas off of you. To say that you've never acted stuck up though would be gross in my opinion. I have also acted a dumb @ss on countless occasions but I can only hope that we both learn from our past FUBARS. I'm not casting any stones at you Rick, just saying that we're both a couple of dudes trying to do the best we can but sometimes we may fall short :) All I'm saying here is that Frank may have fallen "short" here. Give a bro a break and remember that all of us can F up once in a while but the key is do we do good by others MOST of the time and apologize if we screw up. My apologies ahead of time to you Rick if I fell short here by my comments.

timshufflin
05-31-2011, 08:21 PM
Tim, I don't know Frank as good as you do but I've had a number of discussions with him over the years. You must have strong reasons to defend Frank as you have which I can respect. So I'll hold further comments.
Bill

I appreciate it. Frank would have to Really do something bad for me to lose faith in him. By the way, Frank makes me giggle and THAT is worth a lot.

paid4c4
05-31-2011, 08:27 PM
I appreciate it. Frank would have to Really do something bad for me to lose faith in him. By the way, Frank makes me giggle and THAT is worth a lot.
And you said I was the only that could make you giggle, especially when I wear the cheerleaders uniform.

Rick B
05-31-2011, 10:20 PM
Tim No apology needed, we got out boots dirty for our own reasons and that is past. But we didn't do it because our interests were clashing. Frank for some reason felt inferior to me over stock work and I find that funny. There is more than enough people wanting stock work who have never used a forum or heard of me or Frank. Hell I have taught two guys how to do this work and how to make repairs. One I still do allot of the repairs for him for free to help out. I would never dislike them because they are doing the same work I am. We respect each other and the almighty dollar isn't a factor to us. Friendship and helping each other save wood is.

Our Riff Tim was something I let go and would prefer to not rehash. I was not stuck up, I was protecting my name and while trying to prove I new what I was talking about it came out that way but wasn't meant that way. We also put it out on a public board with to many others getting involved which didn't help matters at all. I never had a crew to keep the flames going which also hampered our in-sight of each other to come out. I have no hard feelings towards you and would enjoy getting together one day. I also apologize for any misfortune I may have caused you as it was not something I intended to happen. I think allot of stuff we seen back then was not from just you and I but from others getting involved and stirring the pot to a boil. Kind of like the school yard fight where everyone is Yelling Beef Beef Beef and you have to react. .Rick B

dogboysdad
05-31-2011, 11:02 PM
Rick and Tim may be douchebags, but they never charged me $4 for what I already paid for. You wanna write a book on how to use your product, then do it. I bet not many here will be buying it.

Rick B
05-31-2011, 11:18 PM
Rick and Tim may be douchebags, but they never charged me $4 for what I already paid for. You wanna write a book on how to use your product, then do it. I bet not many here will be buying it.

My Cell Phone [verizon] is charging me $99.00 to buy a booster to get a signal. I asked why should I pay to get the service I am paying for. Retards had no answer. My cable [Time Warner] took channels away blaming who they get them from and then went digital like Clinton wanted and now want to charge me for a box monthly to see cable which I am already paying for. Retards at least tried to bulls&it me on why but I got them to stutter as I just kept asking why should I pay again? I guess Frank thought he could follow the American way. Rick B

seaninmich
05-31-2011, 11:39 PM
g
sean, you are an obnoxious bafoon for saying what you did.

and???????????

Punch The Clown
05-31-2011, 11:52 PM
I'm sorry I started this whole thing. At first I was annoyed and then amused at the thought of paying extra for instructions. Now I got Tim mad at me, I know Frank is mad, the Cajun is PO'd. I just feel really

http://www.newspecialpictures.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/baby-sheep.jpg

ish.

timshufflin
06-01-2011, 07:08 AM
Rick, LOL, so many times I thought you had a "crew". So MANY times :)

Frank may have just had a bad idear guys, nothing but a bad idear. Heck, he may still think it a good idear but that don't make the guy bad, it just makes him a good guy with a bad idear.

timshufflin
06-01-2011, 07:10 AM
Sean, you know "and........"
Kid, EXACTLY LOL.

LEAD POISON
06-01-2011, 10:39 AM
hi timmy remember me?? . Ha ha ha ha baaaaaad
;)

LEAD POISON
06-01-2011, 03:08 PM
BAAAAAAD BOY TIMMY.http://www.newspecialpictures.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/baby-sheep.jpg

ish.[/QUOTE]

paid4c4
06-01-2011, 04:04 PM
http://www.newspecialpictures.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/baby-sheep.jpg

Looks like Timmy's first date!
Bill