PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know Tokarev's?

Big Ben
05-29-2011, 03:17 PM
Ok Boys here's the deal,
I'm tryin' to work on my friends Tokarev.
I see the problem, but I'm not sure how to fix it.
The problem is...The disconnector gets jammed behind the trigger, when the slide moves back it pushes the disconnector and trigger down like its supposed to, but when the slide moves back forward it doesn't always pop back up and actually gets stuck behind the trigger, and actually blocks the trigger from moving. It seems as if these pistols are pretty similar to 1911's.

Anybody have any ideas???

LEAD POISON
05-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Are you talking about that crappy addon safety?If so take it out,You can file on it.Or leave it out.

Big Ben
05-29-2011, 04:39 PM
No. Actually the safety is out and it still happens. Whatever it is it's the disconnector, I just can't figure out why it's doing it.

BRUTUS
05-29-2011, 04:51 PM
First off, I know nothing of Tokarevs....

Is there a chance it was reassembled incorrectly? I googled some youtube videos of disconnector removal/reinstall, and there seem to be quite a bit of small parts.....Just spitballing.....Looks like an interesting pistol to work on.....

Big Ben
05-29-2011, 10:03 PM
Everything looks like it is assembled correctly. I'm thinkin' the disconnector is worn to the point where it slips in behind the trigger stirrup. I don't know anything about them either, I was putting the feelers put for some opinions.

dogboysdad
05-29-2011, 10:08 PM
Disassemble it and then reassemble per the instructions on surplusrifleforum.com.

Punch The Clown
05-29-2011, 11:20 PM
Here is a thread dealing with a similar problem. Stu

http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=79515

Big Ben
05-30-2011, 10:27 AM
Seems as if the hammer group has some back and forth play in the frame. It slides back just enough to cause the problem. It don't look like the frame is beat up causing any slop, knida looks like there is supposed to be play in it. Hmmm.

BRUTUS
05-31-2011, 06:17 PM
Figure it out yet? I'm almost tempted to buy one, just to tinker with it......