PDA

View Full Version : World War Z

timshufflin
06-23-2013, 10:16 AM
Saw the movie yesterday in 3D. Here's my take on it;

Not worth the money to see it in 3D, hardly or no 3D special affects.
The movie was a nice advertising campaign for the united nations and the world health organization. These two groups were the answer to the peoples prayers in this movie.
The movie left a lot of potential on the table. You got NO zombie first person battles or kills, everything was done from afar or out of camera. The film was very sterile in this regard. We never find out what turns folks into zombies/democrats. I guess some things can't be answered.
brad pitt is a super hero united nations commando. It can go on fighting with a 3' metal shar straight through its abdomen and be no worse off for it.
The movie was done in the macro and not the micro. The movie is BIG and most screen shots, battling/fighting, scenarios are done from the macro point of view. You just couldn't get into the movie in the first person.
The walking dead is far better on television and its entire budget for two seasons may not equal this movie WWZ.

Despite all this I gave the movie 3.5 out of 5 stars. I found it entertaining if not just for the military involvement which you don't see much in other zombie flicks. In this movie the military is involved in getting the zombies under control and it does make sense, think ships out at sea. Very hard to get the virus to spread to a ship at sea, they are their own island.

The movie moved along quickly at the beginning and quick enough through the middle with a few large engagement scenes. All in all I'm glad I saw it and the only mistake was spending the extra few dollars on 3D.;)

axemurderer
06-23-2013, 12:13 PM
Tim I saw WWZ last night an d I will say I have just about the same feelings about it. Enjoyed it, but I did not waste the extra to see in 3D, because 3D makes me sick. All in all a good movie.

Mike

seaninmich
06-23-2013, 12:25 PM
Tim and I saw it together. We agree in almost every aspect except I can give it only 2.5 stars. My position:

- It was a decent movie. It was a pretty lousy ZOMBIE movie.
- None of the effects were anything close to "special".
- There was no blood, no guts, no gore, no decapitations, no (visible) head shots, nothing that MUST be in a zombie movie
- I don't care for brad pitt, but it did pretty well considering the holes the film had

my biggest question: WHERE DID ALL THE MONEY GO????? I heard budget numbers for this film that ranged from $175,000,000 to $700,000,000. Even at the lowest end of that spectrum, the movie failed to deliver. There were no great effects, only one A list actor, no incredible scenes. When I watch Lord of the Rings, I know damn well where the money went. I can see it in every screen shot. With WWZ, I can't account for at least 90% of the budget dollars.

lowell66dart
06-23-2013, 05:29 PM
I took my wife to see it today. She liked it so thats a plus but she recently got hooked on the Falling Skies series so maybe I'm slowly brainwashing her:) The movie wasn't bad but the book, as usual was better.

jeepdeep
06-23-2013, 10:00 PM
I just don't see how a zombie movie can be done well as a PG-13. Much like live free or die hard, at least they smartened up for the next one.

timshufflin
06-23-2013, 10:05 PM
I just don't see how a zombie movie can be done well as a PG-13. Much like live free or die hard, at least they smartened up for the next one.

You nailed it right there.

toolman
06-24-2013, 05:59 PM
Tim and I saw it together. We agree in almost every aspect except I can give it only 2.5 stars. My position:

- It was a decent movie. It was a pretty lousy ZOMBIE movie.
- None of the effects were anything close to "special".
- There was no blood, no guts, no gore, no decapitations, no (visible) head shots, nothing that MUST be in a zombie movie
- I don't care for brad pitt, but it did pretty well considering the holes the film had

my biggest question: WHERE DID ALL THE MONEY GO????? I heard budget numbers for this film that ranged from $175,000,000 to $700,000,000. Even at the lowest end of that spectrum, the movie failed to deliver. There were no great effects, only one A list actor, no incredible scenes. When I watch Lord of the Rings, I know damn well where the money went. I can see it in every screen shot. With WWZ, I can't account for at least 90% of the budget dollars.

What a guys night out???? And I was not invited??? A-HOLES!!! MAD toolman

Punch The Clown
06-24-2013, 08:12 PM
Did anyone research out brad pitt's politics before donating money to the democraps? Seem to remember that pitt is a big obama supporter.

timshufflin
06-24-2013, 08:14 PM
punchtheclown, Sean and I were there strictly as a matter of true research. No zombie movie can be presented without our keen eyes gazing upon it. We are masters of the genre :)

jeepdeep
06-24-2013, 08:19 PM
He is Pro 2A, thats a start
http://bureaucracynabox.blogspot.com/2012/09/brad-pitt-pro-2a-celeb-awesome.html

howie
06-30-2013, 09:43 AM
I saw it last week and was a little disappointed with it. It was ok, I guess, but Walking Dead is much better IMHO.