PDA

View Full Version : It's going down in Canada

Jimbo Slice
06-28-2013, 09:44 AM
After some flooding they evacuated a Canadian town. While the residents were away, the RCMP went house to house and seized all of the guns to keep everybody safe. This is a post from another message board from a Canadian resident.

"This is where you Americans can take note of what a registry will get you. Not only a registry, but a registry that has been dismantled by the current government. The RCMP still has the data that shows who owned what when the got rid of the old registry that had EVERY gun in it, at least that was the goal, and they were fairly successful by scaring everybody into compliance. Everybody but the criminals.

Now, the funny thing is, they were supposed to "destroy" these records....well tell me this, if that in fact happened, where did they get the data in order to know which homes to enter and "seize for safekeeping" the firearms there. Good one huh. Nobody in our media has tweaked to that little question, and mark my words, it'll be a firestorm for the RCMP when they figure it out later today and start asking that question.

So, citizens who were NOT supposed to be in any kind of firearms database, have had their homes illegally entered, their property seized, and now with the caveat that "oh it's ok, they can get it back, once they prove they own it". Which again, is an interesting thing for the RCMP to say, since without a registry, there is NO WAY to prove you own anything, since the receipts are likely in the flood waters. Sure, they can get away with the restricted firearms like handguns and a few select rifles, but that is only about 5% of the total guns in the country. If they just seized "those" firearms, which they legally CAN and DO have the data in their systems, fine, but I'll bet you anything it's mainly long guns that they grabbed, as High River doesn't have a huge handgun shooting population, they have a decent little range there for pistols that is a ghost town usually.

Already angry residents are about to get angrier when they find out A: they are still in an RCMP database that was supposed to be destroyed by Federal Law, B: their firearms are now in the "care" of the RCMP, and they have to somehow "prove" ownership in order to claim them back.

It's going to be an interesting day for the RCMP I think once the reporters wake up and start looking at their emails regarding this."

buckley94thmp
06-29-2013, 12:25 PM
Well that could never happen here

timshufflin
06-30-2013, 09:01 AM
I don't even believe it happened in canada. The government is always my friend and their boots are low tops.

Old Guard
07-02-2013, 04:26 PM
Not too sure, Remember Katrina,,,,as New orleans residents had their guns siezed on sight.. Several older people thought they could arm themselves in public..But some eggheads thought they should shoot at passing choppers just to get attention from the Guard.."This was supposed to mean their rescue"??You just cannot help Stupid people.....But,My last FFL holding friend??? Had to send in all his yellow reg. sheets, when he was forced out of business for not having a store front....If it floods Like Canada,,,,here I need a backhoe quick..??My 2 cents?

Punch The Clown
07-02-2013, 04:50 PM
Not to worry. Es kann hier nicht passieren.

seaninmich
07-02-2013, 08:10 PM
I don't even believe it happened in canada. The government is always my friend and their boots are low tops.

I can see this happening in New York or California. I can't believe it's going on in the much-more-conservative Canada

pathfinder
07-07-2013, 03:38 PM
Well that could never happen here

Yes that happened in Florida !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=B1Qx0cTze0M