PDA

View Full Version : CMP sale update...who saw it coming?

Roadkingtrax
07-25-2013, 06:51 PM
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?p=883576#post883576

Seems like the Greeks got 1/2 or better of ALL the HRA production rifles. Make sense why they were somewhat rare for so long.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9rWPJjsLplZO7gSceRTDvLVNmAiZ5z RzIQ2xrvJ0hYk-fBjg9

The following update will be emailed to all our customers:

MANY M1 GARAND OPTIONS – SOLD OUT. As most of our customers and competitors know, this year has seen has seen a nationwide unprecedented purchasing of firearms and ammunition. The panic buying, along with the increased popularity of the M1 Garand has impacted significantly on the CMP. Our store racks are bare and our M1 Garand ready to ship inventory of several grades and manufacturers has been wiped out and the waiting list (backorders) for some items exceeds 2,000 orders. As a result, we have stopped accepting orders for several grades and manufacturers. Please see http://www.odcmp.com/Sales/m1garand.htm for additional information.

Several years ago CMP received a large quantity of M1 Garand rifles from the U.S. Army. People generally assume that these were complete rifles, already packed and ready to ship. That is not the case. The "rifle" may be a stripped receiver, welded rifle, barreled receiver, complete rifle, used, unused, or even a lump of metal with a tag on it saying that this was serial number xxxxx destroyed in a fire. We still have thousands of these uninspected rifles in storage. The rifles are stored in unopened crates in several warehouses. We work (inspect, repair as needed, and grade) these rifles one crate at a time. Until we work a crate, we do not know what manufacturer we will find or how the rifle will grade.

The item with the largest amount of backorders is RM1HRAS, Harrington and Richardson Arms (HRA) Service Grade M1 Garand. Our serial number records show that we have significantly more HRA serial numbers than any other manufacturer, which is why we are still taking orders for this option. We do find 10-20 M1 Garands manufactured by Springfield Armory (SA) each week. We are not finding enough of these SA to again begin accepting orders for them, but as we do find SA M1 Garands, we are contacting customers on the RM1HRAS list to see if they would accept the SA as a substitute, since pricing is the same for both. We work the oldest orders first and are now contacting a few customers whose orders were received in Mar, 2013. We request that customers not contact us requesting a change, but wait till we contact them, since we will give the opportunity to change first to oldest orders.

AGUILA .22 CAL AMMO: This week we received an unexpected 300 cases of Aguila 419ASVGE and 400 cases of Aguila 419ASVSE. Oldest orders for these two items will be processed next week. This will still leave 5,460 open orders for the standard velocity 419ASVSE and 309 orders for Golden Eagle 419ASVGE. The next shipment is expected in October, 2013.

Orest

Orlando
07-25-2013, 08:53 PM
Aw I remember when all that was left was Rack Grades and said they didnt expect anymore rifles.
That was years ago.

Roadkingtrax
07-25-2013, 09:20 PM
Aw I remember when all that was left was Rack Grades and said they didnt expect anymore rifles.
That was years ago.

Years? Like 10? I missed the Danes, and started buying when the Greeks began. They can't have a lot of rifles left, and if I read Orest's statement right....of what S/Ns they have in unopened crates...not a lot of Springfields? Even worse, they don't know if they are whole rifles or not.

checkmate19
07-25-2013, 09:33 PM
When they expected no more rifles my open order was filled with rifles off the store racks . 3 rack grades, they were the worst I ever received. They must have spent a long time out there. They were able to clear the racks. I was ok with them but they were far from keepers and nothing worth keepin so I let them go, did not make anything on them and was lucky to get money back. So its hard to complain about that. There were several Danes that had good stuff, the woodless were 265 for a time .

Punch The Clown
07-25-2013, 09:35 PM
Korea and Turkey. I don't think Tim will miss a meal.

Roadkingtrax
07-25-2013, 09:37 PM
Korea and Turkey. I don't think Tim will miss a meal.

An excellent point...not taboo to me, but not sure the Korean ones will see American shores anytime soon. Wish I were wrong.

There certainly has been a lot of complaining about store stock. Clearly, the stores are a financial liability with nothing to sell.

seaninmich
07-25-2013, 10:46 PM
I've only been buying from CMP for 7 or 8 years (?). In that time, they have been "out" of garands and "not expecting to ever get more" at least twice, and I think it was actually thrice

The sooner they actually DO run out, the better. What I do have left will be worth more. CMP has been forcing down the price of garands for years by violating their charter and selling BELOW market value

Roadkingtrax
07-25-2013, 10:51 PM
I was going to reply to Orest's post with something similar Sean.

The laws of Economics demand they raise prices, but that won't happen...because they would really like them sold asap.

Eli
07-26-2013, 12:24 PM
I guess I'll be getting some HRAs shortly...

Eli