PDA

View Full Version : SA M1A Walnut Folder

kilianjd
08-02-2013, 07:52 AM
SOLD - For sale, an original Springfield Armory M1A) Walnut folding stock. Beautiful condition, see photos. $500.00 - contact [email protected]

Orlando
08-03-2013, 07:47 AM
Just curious whats the story on these? BM59 metal and pistol grip but who made the stock?

kilianjd
08-03-2013, 08:30 AM
It was marketed by Springfield Armory back in the 80's. Being unmarked I'm not sure who made it. I will post pics of the SA sheet that accompanied my rifle where it is depicted as an accessory. At the time, I shot Hi-Power and of course the stock was useless for that.

kilianjd
08-06-2013, 08:47 PM
Stock is taken, thanks all for looking...

Brinks352
08-06-2013, 09:14 PM
I am happy that it sold. It was really tempting to buy and I don't even have a M14 :)

mikebaker1129
08-17-2013, 05:10 PM
Bill there were 2 nakers of the wood for the folder. Fajen made the early version (shown above) and Boyd made the wood for the later versions. The early version had the bump out on the left side front for the sling swivel which was attached with machine screws and nuts. Some of the early versions were inletted for all the FA parts and were sold to the Navy for use with seal teams.The later versions were made with the sling swivel installed in the traditonal position and were rivetted in and were made by Boyd. The Beech or Oak grips with the cuts on the side were also made by Boyd and some will have a B stamped on the bottom of the grip.
Someone got a good deal on the stock above !:)

ordmm
08-17-2013, 09:49 PM
Mike,,,,,,Have had 3 of these over the years. All had the raised area for the swivel. This one is by far the best! ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. "Kilianjd" is a great vendor to be sure. :)

Greg