PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE: Finger groove stock set for Mini G

seaninmich
08-04-2013, 07:38 PM
Well, it's been a LOOOOONG time coming, guys. I've been promising finger groove stocks for Mini-Gs and BM builds all year. They are proving to be a LOT more work than I had anticipated, but they're finally rolling out of the finish room.

Most are being built to order, but I put this one aside to offer here.

Stock set for standard Mini-G conversion. Includes buttstock with finger grooves, rear guard, and all metal as shown. Stock ferrule and rear clip are reparked USGI. Buttplate and screws are top quality, new production parts from Standard Parts LLC. These are EXCELLENT quality.

Stock has been fitted and relieved as needed for all Min-G clearances and specifications. Underside of rear guard has also been relieved to ensure easy install and free-float.

$255 plus freight.

http://s1307.photobucket.com/user/thestockemporium/library/MiniG%20finger%20groove?sort=3&page=1

TommyD11730
08-04-2013, 09:07 PM
Sean

Ill try sending you a PM, I'm guessing you haven't gotten any of my recent e-mails?

Tommy D

dogboysdad
08-05-2013, 07:56 AM
Can you add finger grooves to stocks we already own?

seaninmich
08-05-2013, 07:49 PM
Sean

Ill try sending you a PM, I'm guessing you haven't gotten any of my recent e-mails?

Tommy D

I don't think I did, Tommy. What was the mail in reference to?

seaninmich
08-05-2013, 07:53 PM
Can you add finger grooves to stocks we already own?

Can I? YES.

Will I? NO.

Why? It takes a lot of time to set of the mill and jigs to run these grooves. The only way to make it even remotely economical is to do them in bulk. Running one just doesn't work.

So, how about I wait until you are running your next batch and you include my stock? SORRY, NO. Although slip ups and damage are rare, it's a real possibility every time I jig up a stock. If I crack, crush, dent, or miscut a generic aftermarket stock, I can just grab another from the case and all I am out if the cost of a stock. If I crack, crush, dent, or miscut YOUR stock, I have no way to properly replace it with same.

TommyD11730
08-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Sean I sent you a PM on here and another email tonight. I just want to make sure your making me one with the BM59 buttpad. You never asked for a deposit.

Thanks

Tommy D

dogboysdad
08-05-2013, 10:06 PM
Can I? YES.

Will I? NO.

Why? It takes a lot of time to set of the mill and jigs to run these grooves. The only way to make it even remotely economical is to do them in bulk. Running one just doesn't work.

So, how about I wait until you are running your next batch and you include my stock? SORRY, NO. Although slip ups and damage are rare, it's a real possibility every time I jig up a stock. If I crack, crush, dent, or miscut a generic aftermarket stock, I can just grab another from the case and all I am out if the cost of a stock. If I crack, crush, dent, or miscut YOUR stock, I have no way to properly replace it with same.

Even if we say "pretty please"??

lowell66dart
08-05-2013, 10:28 PM
Nice stuff.