PDA

View Full Version : Spare Parts

jbkf1003
08-13-2013, 07:39 PM
I plan on keeping my mini-g for a while and hope to eventually pass it down to my kids. My rifle is in Jerome right now being shortened, and I sent a second oprod to be converted as a spare. Anything else I should worry about having a spare of? I know oprod springs of course. Maybe a barrel at some point when there is a little extra cash around? Follower arm? Just in case our Mr. Shufflin God forbid gets hit by a bus or the guberment forces him into hiding. I have spares to keep the rifle running for a few generations...

Justin

Orlando
08-13-2013, 08:16 PM
Personally I wouldnt worry about stock piling a bunch of Garand parts. You wont wear out that barrel in several lifetimes. Small parts are still easily found

jbkf1003
08-13-2013, 08:19 PM
Sorry I meant Mini-G specific parts (ie converted parts). Those can't be found easily as you said Garand parts still abound.

Orlando
08-13-2013, 08:20 PM
Isntthe only thing different the barrel?

jbkf1003
08-13-2013, 08:24 PM
Oprod for sure, pretty sure follower arm. The rest, well that's why I'm asking. :)

timshufflin
08-14-2013, 09:14 AM
The rest of the parts are so easy to convert, if you wanted to, that I wouldn't do anything. When you see the rifle, you'll see what I mean. It takes time to convert the other parts but the only real talent needed is if you wanted to make a barrel or oprod.

Jimbo Slice
08-14-2013, 07:38 PM
The rest of the parts are so easy to convert, if you wanted to, that I wouldn't do anything. When you see the rifle, you'll see what I mean. It takes time to convert the other parts but the only real talent needed is if you wanted to make a barrel or oprod.

Your honesty is refreshing, this is why I enjoy this forum (not to mention the wealth of knowledge and great membership) and will be glad to do business with you when funds permit. Unfortunately The Wife just had to have that new car...

Anyway, 189 guests? Bots much?