PDA

View Full Version : Anyone mounted a M5 bayonet with a Smith Brake?

jbkf1003
08-27-2013, 02:53 PM
I just wanted to see if I could do it. Just to piss off the liberals.
The Smith Brake looks like it's relieved to allow a M5 bayonet to mount. I got it on there but couldn't get it to snap into place. Any one else tried this?

Justin

Edit:
I should also mention that the Mini-G in question has the standard Schuster Adjustable Gas plug, not sure if these are bayonet friendly. I did notice the 1/4" ratchet extension did not fit as nicely in this plug as the standard GI.

timshufflin
08-27-2013, 07:55 PM
The schuster is not bayonet friendly.

ordmm
08-27-2013, 11:26 PM
I just wanted to see if I could do it. Just to piss off the liberals.
The Smith Brake looks like it's relieved to allow a M5 bayonet to mount. I got it on there but couldn't get it to snap into place. Any one else tried this?

Justin

Edit:
I should also mention that the Mini-G in question has the standard Schuster Adjustable Gas plug, not sure if these are bayonet friendly. I did notice the 1/4" ratchet extension did not fit as nicely in this plug as the standard GI.

Instead of playing around with sharp objects....maybe save up a few bucks for some ammo an head out to the range. I would rather hear about how well the MiniG shoots rather than how the EMT's sewed you up after cutting yourself with a bayonet. Just saying....

jbkf1003
08-28-2013, 08:47 AM
Instead of playing around with sharp objects....maybe save up a few bucks for some ammo an head out to the range. I would rather hear about how well the MiniG shoots rather than how the EMT's sewed you up after cutting yourself with a bayonet. Just saying....

I have more cans of HXP than time at the moment, possibly this weekend. One of the benefits of a standard Mini-G is that it does NOT have a detachable magazine, allowing the use of muzzle devices and the keeping of Bayonet Lugs in the People's Republik of NY. If the bayonet is unable to mount on a Mini-G then that benefit decreases. If I decide I don't mind the flash or recoil of 30-06 without the Smith Brake then a Mini-G Mag Conversion may be in the future. Just Saying.