PDA

View Full Version : CMP now selling parts

Orlando
09-30-2013, 05:55 PM
Parts list up on E-store

timshufflin
09-30-2013, 06:11 PM
I see that, neat, infinite% mark up. I don't sell parts so it doesn't mean squat to me, probably even helps. Those that do sell parts are probably throwing up right now though.

Orlando
09-30-2013, 06:18 PM
They were leaving money on the table on clip latches $15 each but their stripped bolts are high. Alot of them are marked reparked, buttplates $20 which is good if checkering isnt worn
Thats the thing there are no pics or real descriptions of condition

timshufflin
09-30-2013, 06:25 PM
They were leaving money on the table on clip latches $15 each but their stripped bolts are high. Alot of them are marked reparked, buttplates $20 which is good if checkering isnt worn
Thats the thing there are no pics or real descriptions of condition

Like any government funded agency, the pricing makes perfect sense.

ordmm
09-30-2013, 06:25 PM
The only good deals were the clip latch at $15. and the follower arm at $8. No op rod catches listed. The rest of the parts priced OK I guess, but no screaming deals. Long time ago heard they were short on op-rods and gas cylinders. Bolts are crazy high what with all the new in wrap complete bolts to be had for $65. - $75. Extractors at $8. is a fairly good deal if in nice shape. Extractor, clip latch, op-catch, and follower arm are all high buck to run new production on. Too much monkey motion geometry production issues going on.
With a rumored 50K drill rifles to be parted figured the quantities were just about unlimited. But think maybe they were testing the waters on pricing so to speak. Would imagine clip latches and follower arms will reappear at a higher price. One thing for sure...the CMP don't make "we sold it too cheap" mistake anymore. On the upside is their GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. I expect customers will be sending back parts for exchange or refund if they don't meet expectations. Glad I'm not corrupt...........

Prince Humperdink
09-30-2013, 11:23 PM
Prices on bolts are more than Packrats.I see a lot of praise for the high prices ahead :(

Orlando
10-01-2013, 05:49 AM
Ya and they are stripped bolts

ordmm
10-01-2013, 06:03 AM
Another good deal...Op rod catches $12. They won't last long

timshufflin
10-01-2013, 06:51 AM
If I sold parts, I'd go to the CMP forum parts section and advertise all the parts I have that are less expensive than the CMP prices and not mention my others.

examples

"I have complete bolts for X dollars and that's $5 under the price the CMP sells them for!"

"I have follower arms for X dollars and that's $.50 less than the CMP price!"

At the end of your ad you could also list your company sales and state that you are not in this to make a profit, you do it for love of the hobby. Profit seems to be a bad word at the CMP sometimes despite the salary of some CMP officials.

melloman
10-01-2013, 06:55 AM
Do the parts come with a used toothbrush?

ordmm
10-01-2013, 11:09 AM
If I sold parts, I'd go to the CMP forum parts section and advertise all the parts I have that are less expensive than the CMP prices and not mention my others.

examples

"I have complete bolts for X dollars and that's $5 under the price the CMP sells them for!"

"I have follower arms for X dollars and that's $.50 less than the CMP price!"

At the end of your ad you could also list your company sales and state that you are not in this to make a profit, you do it for love of the hobby. Profit seems to be a bad word at the CMP sometimes despite the salary of some CMP officials.

Tim,

I've always been in it for the love of the sport, for the kids, and to help find a cure for lip warts and nose moles.
If the CMP chooses to upset the natural order of the gunsmith and parts vendor system it is understandable as those running the op are former government employees. Such is life and for sure it is the American way to want to make some really good bucks. But truly, selling parts to picky collector type people will surely stress their customer service department. Greasy used rifles are one thing, but ship a clip latch in light grey color when a perfect match would have been dark charcoal,,,,,,,,not good. Gonna be a lot of exchanges for sure and should keep the FedEx man running. Expect the glamour will wear off quickly and revised return rules will follow as sellng one $2 screw, even with $8.95 shipping is a loser, especially with a 6 month wait. Upside is $8.95 shipping for small parts will be the norm.

timshufflin
10-01-2013, 04:59 PM
Not so Greg, if it comes from the CMP the color will be deemed "perfect".

ordmm
10-01-2013, 07:19 PM
Not so Greg, if it comes from the CMP the color will be deemed "perfect".

Yeah I know. That's something that's been told to me a number of times when they return a repro part and lecture me that I should find the same source the CMP uses as the CMP repro part exceeds their expectation. Yup. Stupid Me.