PDA

View Full Version : We have a government shutdown!

timshufflin
10-01-2013, 07:00 AM
I'm so excited today, if I fool myself a little I can imagine a day without many of the Un Constitutional government programs we have. If only for a day or two, it's still inspiring.

If I really really try hard, I can imagine the government shutting down everything except those services guaranteed by the Constitution... FOREVER.

If I try even harder, I can imagine that those costs associated with other Un Constitutional services will NOT be retro paid.

Gut it, cut it, close it, trim it, slash it, just shut it down!

It's my day, imagine all the people, living life in freedom, you may say I'm a dreamer...

canes7
10-01-2013, 07:19 AM
Maybe we should make this a "Federal Holiday"

jak
10-01-2013, 07:58 AM
The NSA is still reading your e-mails and text messages. The welfare leeches are still receiving their welfare checks and food stamps. The IRS is still stealing your money. 800,000 federal union thugs on a paid vacation. What shutdown ????

timshufflin
10-01-2013, 08:14 AM
Don't ruin it for me, it's my holiday!

Old Guard
10-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Okay, most of them were paid to stay at home...So they still get their additional paid holidays...

timshufflin
10-01-2013, 06:31 PM
How has everyone's holiday been? I'm getting along swimmingly! I haven't noticed anything different, it just feels different. Simply knowing that federal employees everywhere are off my dole, however briefly, just lifts a gigantic feeling of infinite weight from my back. In fact, my back pain has gone away today, there's a skip in my step and a smile on my face. I feel somehow, more free?

Oh, one of my favorite agency's has taken the brunt of the shutdown, the epa! Hell, the air even smells fresher.

ordmm
10-01-2013, 07:15 PM
EPA personnel have been furloughed? Time to flush the park tank I'm thinking!

timshufflin
10-01-2013, 07:23 PM
Dog gone right! I'm mowing twice tomorrow.

ordmm
10-01-2013, 09:22 PM
A few years ago went through the furlough day thing working for the state. Oh man, may of the people started getting scared after finding out no one even noticed they were even gone. Seemed they starting getting nervous that someone might figure out they were not so very essential after all. Myself, hell, I liked the extra day off each month especially since it usually fell on a Friday or the day before or after a holiday. Just to make sure I really enjoyed it would call in the next day and take a paid sick day. I really got to be good at being a lazy government slut employee.

timshufflin
10-01-2013, 10:02 PM
A few years ago went through the furlough day thing working for the state. Oh man, may of the people started getting scared after finding out no one even noticed they were even gone. Seemed they starting getting nervous that someone might figure out they were not so very essential after all. Myself, hell, I liked the extra day off each month especially since it usually fell on a Friday or the day before or after a holiday. Just to make sure I really enjoyed it would call in the next day and take a paid sick day. I really got to be good at being a lazy government slut employee.

I think everybody can be good at it. Heck, I could be a natural!

REHRIFLE
10-02-2013, 10:30 AM
You guys are delusional. The federal workers are on a deferred paid leave of absence. When they return to work, and they will return work, will receive back-pay for the time they were off, without having to do the work. The jokes on us!

Also, the furloughed ones that will not be receiving any back pay are the civilian contractors.

ttwn0324
10-02-2013, 10:46 AM
You guys are delusional. The federal workers are on a deferred paid leave of absence. When they return to work, and they will return work, will receive back-pay for the time they were off, without having to do the work. The jokes on us!

Also, the furloughed ones that will not be receiving any back pay are the civilian contractors.

Unfortunately, you are right. The government loves to take care of their own. Hence, the apologies and we'll make it up to you from the politicians. Everyone else can just bend & take it.

ttwn0324
10-02-2013, 10:59 AM
In reply to ordmm's post.

That's exactly it, right there. If the shut down wasn't been media played, majority of us wouldn't even know it. However, if you're building a refinery in ND and waiting for a design change approval, that's another story.

ordmm
10-02-2013, 11:07 AM
In reply to ordmm's post.

That's exactly it, right there. If the shut down wasn't been media played, majority of us wouldn't even know it. However, if you're building a refinery in ND and waiting for a design change approval, that's another story.

Yeah I can see what your saying. Guess the Governor of ND needs to make a media thing about it. Am sure the upper echelon of the "design change" department wherever that is are just sitting around taking long lunches and hot showers with each other. Governor or a bunch of field hands with a camera crew in two showing up at the office of the "aprrovers" would most surely get the thing signed fast.
.....It's the squeaky wheel thing.

REHRIFLE
10-02-2013, 11:18 AM
Many of the shut downs are designed to inflict pain on the taxpayers. Was it necessary to close the WWII park in DC? ITS AN OUTDOOR PARK FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!! As to permits, approvals etc being delayed, it is the same thing. If getting government approval to do your job is so critical, then they should stay open along with the other "essential" offices. Otherwise, the private sector should be allowed to proceed with its business.

ttwn0324
10-02-2013, 12:07 PM
They do to a certain extent. The one diesel refinery by Dickinson was fast tracked at hyper speed. It's being built on a six week lead time from design to construction. There is one been built at Fort Berthold Reservation and I believe that one (along with the wells on the res) is shut down for now. But, the railroad is able to creep along

http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/event/article/id/72533/group/Oil/

ordmm
10-02-2013, 12:22 PM
They do to a certain extent. The one diesel refinery by Dickinson was fast tracked at hyper speed. It's being built on a six week lead time from design to construction. There is one been built at Fort Berthold Reservation and I believe that one (along with the wells on the res) is shut down for now. But, the railroad is able to creep along

Used to live out West and had a bunch of friends that worked for energy companies. Pretty much a gypsy type of life for engineers, technicians, and field hands. By the way no disrespect for field hands, roughnecks and such as they work in crazy conditions and environments. Anyway used to go out to a couple different rig sites that at the time were drilling for natural gas. It was staggering the activity brought to play as time is money in a huge way. Lights on all night with people working 24/7 to get the job done. Cool as shit to see it happening. I hate to drone on about it, but doubt many of the pencil pushers in government have a clue what happens when they just "lay down that piece of paper early Friday"...."will finish it Monday". Yeah energy companies make bazillions of dollars...but it take bazillions of dollars in investment to reach production. On a side note.....was crazy nutz what a bunch of roughnecks can do to the inside of a turboprop acft after the've been drinking beer for hours and there is no lavatory on the plane. Well, no official lavatory anyway.

timshufflin
10-02-2013, 10:02 PM

My son's living out in Dickinson right now. I spoke with him today and he hasn't experienced any problems because of government failure this week, yet. This shouldn't even be an issue, it should be ND's government who does the regulating in ND.

KnickKnack
10-07-2013, 01:10 AM
The only things shut down are those that will hurt the American People the most. King Barack and Court Jester Harry are simply saying, "Let them eat cake!".

Shut it all down. Stop everything. Slowly and carefully rebuild only the parts granted by the Constitution, as Tim said. The Liberals and the Progressive learned how to play the "baby step game" that brought us to the mess we are in now. It's time to beat them at their own game.

toolman
10-09-2013, 04:23 PM

100000 %% CORRECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Peace toolman