PDA

View Full Version : Looks like CMP to "ration" parts......

ordmm
10-01-2013, 09:36 AM
This is too funny........

"looks like several folks ran wild and tried to buy everything we had on estore - we will relook at prices this week. apparently we have wholesale instead of retail prices for some items - can't have that.

If you placed an order for more than two items on estore, we will reduce that quantity to two. "

Looks like Obama Care......Not ready for prime time I guess lets change the rules as we go along.

Old Guard
10-01-2013, 12:03 PM
Really not againest Rationing, as some people just want to suck the juices out of a person, because they got there first, or just because.. really it is a Sport and supposed to be FUN...I just happen to have been raised with Firearms, here in the South, Now it is Birthright...OG.

jak
10-01-2013, 03:34 PM
There is only rationing for the normal person. I'm sure Orion 7 or Dupage won't be rationed.

LEAD POISON
10-01-2013, 03:51 PM
:DI only buy parts from Standard.:D

Orlando
10-01-2013, 05:02 PM
I bet someone bought all the clip latches in one order

ordmm
10-01-2013, 05:23 PM
I bet someone bought all the clip latches in one order

Orlando...thought you did.....LOL I don't think they sold that big of a lot the first night. The inventory level seemed to be loaded at 200 or less for each option. They have them listed again and if the 50k number is correct for the drill rifles then that makes makes some big number of parts available. Considering the clip latches and op-catches have been real hard to find this is a good deal for the small guy to finish a project or snag a couple spares. With a two of an item per day limit they should last quite a long time.

ordmm
10-01-2013, 05:23 PM
:DI only buy parts from Standard.:D

Yeah I would but I heard it said that he's a real jaggoff.

(BTW anything new in beertown?)

Orlando
10-01-2013, 05:29 PM
Orlando...thought you did.....LOL I don't think they sold that big of a lot the first night. The inventory level seemed to be loaded at 200 or less for each option. They have them listed again and if the 50k number is correct for the drill rifles then that makes makes some big number of parts available. Considering the clip latches and op-catches have been real hard to find this is a good deal for the small guy to finish a project or snag a couple spares. With a two of an item per day limit they should last quite a long time.

Not me ,what would I do with a pile of commercial refinished parts?

timshufflin
10-01-2013, 05:37 PM
I'm all for rationing too, by free people and when done to terms agreed upon. If I had ordered a bunch of parts and was told the next day I only get two, I'd call BS! That's not customer service. I have to give people what I agree to sell them all the time, don't get to change my mind. Of course most company's have to do that.

On the rationing, the most economical way in the history of man to ration is PRICING. If you are a dumb @ss and price your stuff to low it will be sold and you will look stupid. There will also be a mad rush while your cheap items are being sold causing poor customer service. This is the issue that ammo manufacturers needed to understand during the last two rushes.

ttwn0324
10-01-2013, 07:06 PM
http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2013/08/how-bad-is-the-ammo-shortage-this-bad.php

timshufflin
10-01-2013, 07:23 PM
No kidding, she better have lots of ammo!

ordmm
10-01-2013, 09:48 PM
I'm all for rationing too, by free people and when done to terms agreed upon. If I had ordered a bunch of parts and was told the next day I only get two, I'd call BS! That's not customer service. I have to give people what I agree to sell them all the time, don't get to change my mind. Of course most company's have to do that.

Yeah, must be a new business model---post items for sale, take the orders, and then the next day when you realize you could be making more money, or need to pacify the customer base, simply change terms of service, and change the quantities. But in the world today, for some, up is down, down is up. So guess I won't expect the 10,000 extractors, 12,000 clip latches, 8,000 op-rod catches and 13,1313 follower arms. What a shame.

timshufflin
10-01-2013, 10:04 PM
Yeah, must be a new business model---post items for sale, take the orders, and then the next day when you realize you could be making more money, or need to pacify the customer base, simply change terms of service, and change the quantities. But in the world today, for some, up is down, down is up. So guess I won't expect the 10,000 extractors, 12,000 clip latches, 8,000 op-rod catches and 13,1313 follower arms. What a shame.

Don't worry bro, I called all my friends, like we planned, all 2045 of them are ordering two of all you mentioned and shipping them to you. We're covered.

ordmm
10-01-2013, 11:04 PM
Tim, Knew I could count on you and the boys! Will do the same for you guys someday. By the way,,,,did you get my message about the IHC's?

buckshot85
10-04-2013, 05:42 PM
Yeah I would but I heard it said that he's a real jaggoff.

(BTW anything new in beertown?)

Jaggoff? Not in the least. Greg has helped me out a bunch and even kicked in a few extras from time to time. Met him a few times at some shows. Good guy. If you jerk him around expect the same in return. As it should be. Buy from Standard Parts with confidence IMO.

LEAD POISON
10-04-2013, 09:25 PM
Greg did you pay him off?

buckshot85
10-04-2013, 09:35 PM
Not at all Mac. Just my .02. How ya doing?

LEAD POISON
10-04-2013, 11:14 PM
Not bad for an old Geezer.