PDA

View Full Version : ALL SOLD Garand Stocks F/S

Orlando
10-13-2013, 08:51 AM
#1 Beautiful WWII USGI Walnut stock, good color and condition.No cracks or repairs, just a few small dents. All I did was clean and hand rub coats of BLO. Pictures dont do the stock justice, looks much better in person
This stock has been sanded in its lifetime as there are no stampings other than the rack number and there is alittle buttplate overhand on the sides.
Very good lockup, NO METAL INCLUDED
$110.00REDUCED 90 plus ship SOLD

]

Stock #2 is birch ,has been stained to darken some and many coats of hand rubbed BLO . This stock does have more dings, dents on the left side but no cracks or repairs. Stock color is slightly lighter on the left side, lock up is fair. No buttplate overhang, NO METAL INCLUDED $25 plus ship SOLD
]

#3 has alot of reddish tones, may be birch. Doesnt appear to have been sanded as the texture is grainy. No cracks or repairs, has some dents, alittle overhang on the toe. Lock up is very tight. Overall a nice stock
NO METAL INCLUDED $55 REDUCED $50 SOLD SOLD plus shipping

Old Guard
10-15-2013, 09:05 AM
That walnut stock is pretty...Did you use steel wool with the BLO? I wish I could enlarge the view..But mainly, because I am steaming my Gi stock I recieved with my HRA sg..it was the usual dents in the stock and some Bubba carved M+E in the handgrip?

Orlando
10-15-2013, 04:28 PM
That walnut stock is pretty...Did you use steel wool with the BLO? I wish I could enlarge the view..But mainly, because I am steaming my Gi stock I recieved with my HRA sg..it was the usual dents in the stock and some Bubba carved M+E in the handgrip?

I never use steel wool. I simply apply it with rag ,etc. I let set for 20-30 minutes wipe off with rag then hand rub the rest into wood

Old Guard
10-15-2013, 04:45 PM
Thanks, I wondered how they were keeping the steel wool from making a mess..I have read of applying it {BLO}with an old pair of panty hose too.. I guess again for dust and particle control..I believe now my spare trial stock is birch, as soon as it drys again, i am going to start the process..