PDA

View Full Version : My MK1 barrel

axemurderer
10-27-2013, 08:17 PM
Here are the photos of the barrel I will be using for my MK1 drill rifle project. When you see them just ask yourself WTF!11811182118311841185

The bore is bright and shinny. Muzzle erosion is not bad. I do not have a gage but a .30 bullet does not get swallowed up. I just can't imagine what went through this guys mind. Have a few ideas on getting the rear sight off, but does anyone have any ideas that might make it easier?????

Mike

jak
10-27-2013, 08:37 PM
Is the pin removed near the front of the sight collar ?

axemurderer
10-27-2013, 09:06 PM
Jak

I have not even looked yet. but I do know it needs to be removed first.I was thinking of clamping the trashed receiver in my vise and driving it off with a big punch, for a start.

Mike

Is the pin removed near the front of the sight collar ?

timshufflin
10-27-2013, 09:19 PM
When you're done, you'll like it more then an unmolested one. I get great satisfaction out of my drill rifle Garand receivers.

jak
10-27-2013, 10:05 PM
Jak

I have not even looked yet. but I do know it needs to be removed first.I was thinking of clamping the trashed receiver in my vise and driving it off with a big punch, for a start.

Mike

Exactly. It' looks like Budda didn't know about the pin and tried to beat off the collar.
Soak the collar and barrel area in Kroil or something similar for while before you use the 20 lb sledge hammer.

axemurderer
01-11-2014, 02:09 PM
I just received a trigger that I won on Ebay. I paid 9.99 plus shipping, it turned out it is a Mark1 trigger. gotta love those sellers on ebay!!!!!!

Mike

jak
01-12-2014, 09:10 PM
I just received a trigger that I won on Ebay. I paid 9.99 plus shipping, it turned out it is a Mark1 trigger. gotta love those sellers on ebay!!!!!!

Mike

Cool. Now all you need is a notched cutoff, cutoff retaining pin, a spring loaded pin and the Pedersen device and you're all set to go.

Old Guard
01-13-2014, 10:17 AM

Mike

Sounds good, They can foul-up on flebay and sell a goodie once in a while..But I HATE fuzzy phone photos and bid accordingly. Because i was bit several times before...Og.

axemurderer
01-13-2014, 06:19 PM
Nope I think I will just resell it, there is one on ebay right now for $124.95 I will ask half of that! Sarco gets that for the trigger and sear assy.

Mike

Cool. Now all you need is a notched cutoff, cutoff retaining pin, a spring loaded pin and the Pedersen device and you're all set to go.

Old Guard
01-16-2014, 05:50 PM
Mike, what was that crap about on CMP about a 1903a4 bolt being worth so much money??Because of the late issue or the scarcity of said item..I never even saw that Type before and used to shoot the a3 quite a bit???