PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from Montana

timshufflin
11-11-2013, 07:53 AM
I used my 35 Whelen Mini-G and took my bull at just about 310 yards while taking my Mule Deer at about 205 yards. Both animals with 225 grain Nosler Partitions. What a flipping riot! Vacations over, time to rest now.:)

canes7
11-11-2013, 09:57 AM
Nice shooting! Looks tasty.

Old Guard
11-11-2013, 10:01 AM
Looks like you did very well with the time.. Lovely country...Glad you are back, Now get going...OG.

Prince Humperdink
11-11-2013, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the heads up to your trip :(

timshufflin
11-11-2013, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the heads up to your trip :(

I looked up Roundup for a possible love affair between you and I during my trip. We had a 3.5 hour difference which made it a no go for me. I had serious time constraints babe. Huggs.

Prince Humperdink
11-11-2013, 07:18 PM
I looked up Roundup for a possible love affair between you and I during my trip. We had a 3.5 hour difference which made it a no go for me. I had serious time constraints babe. Huggs.

I forgive you,but NEVER do it again!

Prince Humperdink
11-11-2013, 07:19 PM

I forgive you,but NEVER do it again!
Nice critters,btw!

timshufflin
11-11-2013, 09:05 PM
Not to mention Prince, I know you hate out of staters coming in and killing Elk unless they take them all. You resent us all and want the ranchers to let you on their land for the other critters. It's cool :)

Prince Humperdink
11-11-2013, 11:56 PM
Not to mention Prince, I know you hate out of staters coming in and killing Elk unless they take them all. You resent us all and want the ranchers to let you on their land for the other critters. It's cool :)
yOU READ ME LIKE A CHEAP,DIRTY BOOK! :)

Old Guard
11-14-2013, 10:55 AM
What Prince, No OUT of towners?? Hunting is that tight? I thought you COULD-just drive around, then go out and take a 500 yd shot at elk.. Not like here, camoed and scented, sneaking around or hiding in a blind and waiting for Luck to bring a Whitetail deer...A LOT of peaceful thoughts and soul-searching goes on , if you don't get too cold while waiting?? On another note, Friend have given me ELK meat from their trips, and I find it very TASTY...OG.

Prince Humperdink
11-14-2013, 01:47 PM
What Prince, No OUT of towners?? Hunting is that tight? I thought you COULD-just drive around, then go out and take a 500 yd shot at elk.. Not like here, camoed and scented, sneaking around or hiding in a blind and waiting for Luck to bring a Whitetail deer...A LOT of peaceful thoughts and soul-searching goes on , if you don't get too cold while waiting?? On another note, Friend have given me ELK meat from their trips, and I find it very TASTY...OG.
OG,yep,almost all the land around is privately owned,and used to be sections at "my disposal"...then money came from outside,and leased up all the ranches.Only a few pieces of state land around now and I'd say Hunter to Critter ratio is about 15-1 :( We do have a private Island in the Family,and I get to hunt it this weekend,just have to drive a few hours to get there.

Old Guard
11-14-2013, 04:15 PM
Yes, Hunter clubs are leasing it out at a high rate here too...The Japanese bought a very large part of Ark. Tenn. and Mississippi farms about ten years ago, it seems we had given them TOO MUCh of our MONEY..Ya know they aren't making much more land...Define SECTION?? I forgot, the most terms here is 680 acres square....!15 to one critter, I FEEL your pain,,It sounds busy there..When I flew to Seattle, I saw lots of land with no houses, or many roads, I thought it was Montana, but not sure..

Prince Humperdink
11-14-2013, 06:51 PM
Yes, Hunter clubs are leasing it out at a high rate here too...The Japanese bought a very large part of Ark. Tenn. and Mississippi farms about ten years ago, it seems we had given them TOO MUCh of our MONEY..Ya know they aren't making much more land...Define SECTION?? I forgot, the most terms here is 680 acres square....!15 to one critter, I FEEL your pain,,It sounds busy there..When I flew to Seattle, I saw lots of land with no houses, or many roads, I thought it was Montana, but not sure..
It is 1 square mile,640 acres.The ranch I used to hunt had 16 sections...all leased out now.There is a lot of land in between anywhere here outside of cities,with few homes,so good chance it was this area.Perhaps my 15-1 ratio is a slight exaggeration,but I see more hunters than deer.
Ryan

Old Guard
11-18-2013, 10:22 AM
Thanks, Thought so..So few parcels are still left intact..OG