PDA

View Full Version : Mini-G / Drop Down GC Question

jbkf1003
11-19-2013, 12:47 PM
Tim,

I have a standard Mini-G you did for me, the rifle is great. But I realized I'm not 25 any longer. I want to put an Ultimak rail on her so I can add glass. I hear I don't need to have modifications made to the rail and or oprod if I use a Standard Parts drop down Gas Cylinder / Brake. I have purchased these, what is required besides a straight oprod to convert this rifle to use the drop down gas cylinder? Is there stock milling needed? I was hoping I could send you an oprod, have it shortned and straightened, then do the Gas Cylinder / Ultimak install myself. If this feasible? If not I can send the rifle.

Thanks
Justin

timshufflin
11-19-2013, 11:18 PM
You would need a straight oprod and that's it Sir. I'd need the entire rifle, I would have to test fire it.

jbkf1003
11-20-2013, 09:54 AM
Great. What would be the cost with return shipping? Can a mini-g rod be rebent or should it be a virgin rod?

Thanks
Justin

timshufflin
11-20-2013, 10:07 AM
Great. What would be the cost with return shipping? Can a mini-g rod be rebent or should it be a virgin rod?

Thanks
Justin

You would need to contact my email Sir to discuss this further. I do not discuss costs or business on this forum.

I will say that I don't know if your current oprod can be re bent or not. There is some risk in doing this.

jbkf1003
11-20-2013, 10:25 AM
Will do, sorry 'bout that.