PDA

View Full Version : Nobody going to mention the dastardly deed done today?

timshufflin
11-21-2013, 10:40 PM
So, the US senate just got rid of the filibuster today. Does anyone give a flying crap? I sure as heck do and I'm astonished that nothing is being done about it. I can't even begin to put into words how sick I am at the savages who are screwing up this Republic. We now have a true king.:mad:

jbkf1003
11-21-2013, 10:48 PM
Yep saw that today. All opposition has now been silenced. Was gonna post that but you beat me by 15 minutes.

Prince Humperdink
11-21-2013, 11:26 PM
I posted on facebook earlier today.

toolman
11-23-2013, 08:47 PM
What can you do, what can you do? Brother I want to start shooting!! Peace toolman

timshufflin
11-23-2013, 09:16 PM
What can you do, what can you do? Brother I want to start shooting!! Peace toolman

Find a nice target with a photo of carl marx and let it have it.

ordmm
11-23-2013, 10:42 PM
So, a guy takes advantage of everything this Country has to offer. Becomes an expert on Constitutional law and lectures and instructs at universities. Goes into politics and becomes president. Then, using all the advantages and education this Country gave him, starts to dismantle it. Yeah Tim we noticed.

timshufflin
11-23-2013, 11:27 PM
So, a guy takes advantage of everything this Country has to offer. Becomes an expert on Constitutional law and lectures and instructs at universities. Goes into politics and becomes president. Then, using all the advantages and education this Country gave him, starts to dismantle it. Yeah Tim we noticed.

Hey, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't on my own here.

ordmm
11-24-2013, 12:05 AM
Did'nt mean it the way it sounded....I guess. Starting to think people are just getting worn down by the Libs. Pissed off no doubt, just starting to feel there is no end to it.

timshufflin
11-24-2013, 09:50 AM
Did'nt mean it the way it sounded....I guess. Starting to think people are just getting worn down by the Libs. Pissed off no doubt, just starting to feel there is no end to it.

It sounded exactly like it should, like more than me were sick of it.

Shug
11-24-2013, 11:53 AM
Short term gain for long term pain. No party can hold a majority forever, and when the Senate changes hands, the now-majority party is going to get a dose of their own medicine.

dross
11-24-2013, 12:26 PM
What I always find worse than the lengths of hypocrisy the Dems will sink to (I expect that, and the Republicans are only marginally less hypocritical) is the way the press just REFUSES to play even a little bit fair. To the extent that the mainstream press reported at all the hysteric screams of a few years ago when the Republicans only threatened to do this, they've helped make the Dems case by pretending that the Republicans brought this on by their "unprecedented" actions.

It's like the government shutdown. No matter how a shutdown happens, it's always the Republicans fault. This is the same. The Republicans were going to shut down the filibuster a few years ago, and now it's the Republicans shutting down the filibuster by leaving the Dems no choice. The press is a joke.

Finally on this subject, where is the Gang of 14 now? I hope they feel like the stupid cowards they are. They represent the lack of balls on the right that is so common these days. At least the Dems aren't afraid to wield every bit of power they have.

timshufflin
11-24-2013, 12:44 PM
Not wielding the power you have is a common problem with all of us. When it comes to gun control in particular, the pro gun folks are absolutely guilty. Put that dead buck on the back of your truck and show it, conceal carry when you can, open carry if it's legal, make our way of life the "normal" way. Its worked for gays, its worked for the "poor", its worked for unions, they all rub their causes in our faces every day and they have advanced those causes.

jbkf1003
11-24-2013, 02:58 PM
On that note Tim. What really gets me (It' not my intention to offend anyone here), is the guys who are only hunters, or only shoot clays, who throw fellow legal gun owners under the bus. As long as the law does not affect their $1500 bolt action hunting rifle, or their $2000 trap shotgun, their ok with it. They buy the divide and conquer rhetoric put on by the left, that nobody needs 10 rounds to kill a deer (News flash the 2nd Amendment is not about killing deer), and the nations most popular sporting rifles are 'Baby Killers'. If we don't stand together as fellow gun owners then it will be only a matter of time before they come for your bolt action or shotgun as well. Just look at England and Australia, that's exactly as it went down there. The liberals in this country are just following the gun ban playbook.

And I conceal carry everywhere I go. Cuz this ain't the same America anymore.

timshufflin
11-24-2013, 03:10 PM
On that note Tim. What really gets me (It' not my intention to offend anyone here), is the guys who are only hunters, or only shoot clays, who throw fellow legal gun owners under the bus. As long as the law does not affect their $1500 bolt action hunting rifle, or their $2000 trap shotgun, their ok with it. They buy the divide and conquer rhetoric put on by the left, that nobody needs 10 rounds to kill a deer (News flash the 2nd Amendment is not about killing deer), and the nations most popular sporting rifles are 'Baby Killers'. If we don't stand together as fellow gun owners then it will be only a matter of time before they come for your bolt action or shotgun as well. Just look at England and Australia, that's exactly as it went down there. The liberals in this country are just following the gun ban playbook.

And I conceal carry everywhere I go. Cuz this ain't the same America anymore.

Roger on that one. If you own a gun, to put it simply, a democrat wants to take it from you! Don't believe for a second that democrats don't want every single firearm in existence to be destroyed.

Punch The Clown
11-24-2013, 09:24 PM
We have to take a hard line on these libs. Big mistake confirming sotomayor and kagan. (They would have been confirmed anyway, but Republicans DID cross the aisle and vote aye. They also didn't filibuster if I recall) Fatass christie gave away a Republican Senate seat to the leftists. We have to stop shooting ourselves in the foot and start playing hardball. If we ever re-take the Senate we have to give NOTHING. None of this crossing the aisle crap. Block them every step of the way and not stop until the democraps are history. In my heart I know this country is finished but for some reason I just keep hanging in there hoping for a miracle.

Old Guard
11-25-2013, 04:35 PM
We are All hoping for better...Good reading here....let it soak in....

Art1
11-26-2013, 11:54 PM
You can't think of the dems & repubs as real adversarys, it is more like pro wresling, its all just acting.

kwg020
11-27-2013, 01:19 AM
It's not about what is right or wrong, it's about power and control. Plain and simple. kwg

ttwn0324
11-27-2013, 05:55 PM
You do realize the majority of the bans, restrictions & regulations are home based manufacturing placed protection rackets, don't you? Heck, it's about the only manufacturing base we have left in the USA that is protected from outside manufacturing competition. Not even automotive manufacturing is as protected. But with that said, you have some very goof states out there passing laws.