PDA

View Full Version : CMP Parts

Orlando
11-26-2013, 07:06 PM
I ordered a few parts I needed for restoration builds
2 IHC Follow Arms , one isnt IHC
2 HRA Follower Arms , one isnt HRA

If ordering parts for restorations check your parts, mine will be going back.
Parts came dry, no oil , some blotchy finish. They need to take parkerizing lessons fromTim

jak
11-26-2013, 08:48 PM
They need to take parkerizing lessons from Tim

+1 on that

My HRA follower rods were black and gritty.
The rest of my parts were gray

Orlando
11-26-2013, 09:04 PM
+1 on that

My HRA follower rods were black and gritty.
The rest of my parts were gray
Are you sure they are HRA?

jak
11-26-2013, 09:27 PM
Are you sure they are HRA?

Yes, That was the first thing I checked.

Roadkingtrax
11-26-2013, 11:15 PM
Not my CMP...

timshufflin
11-27-2013, 04:19 AM
Think of parking 1000's of little parts of same type. inspecting them costs as much as doing the work. Some of these parts, due to the brazing or hardening can also come out mottled.

ordmm
11-27-2013, 11:07 AM
Think of parking 1000's of little parts of same type. inspecting them costs as much as doing the work. Some of these parts, due to the brazing or hardening can also come out mottled.

Yup. Good point. Process thousands of parts thru cleaning and park. Ship one of those thousands out and then the expectations of the customer are either fulfilled or not fulfilled. A crap shoot. Would imagine it would be a whole lot easier if they put a couple hundred pounds in a bin and auction them off.

Orlando
11-27-2013, 08:47 PM
Sight bases that was mottled, no brazing there. For the price I'm not complaining, I wasnt expecting much in the way of finish but did expect parts to be properly identified. The only parts I will send back are the ones that were sent wrong
The guys its going to affect are they ones that cant identify their own parts and are relying on CMP to send the right ones