PDA

View Full Version : America's Gun:The Rise of the AR-15-cnbc libtard leftist Propaganda at it's Finest

Punch The Clown
11-28-2013, 05:57 PM
http://www.hulu.com/watch/489971#i0,p28,s2,d0

What a load of crap! I watched this last night thinking I was really going to see an AR-15 documentary. I should have realized. Every word was either skewed, exaggerated or an outright lie. The "battlefield surgeon" looking at x rays and proclaiming "There is only one gun that can do this damage-the AR-15!". After that he diagrams the "Tumbling Bullet" myth which basically says that the .223 is a far more dangerous round than any other because it tumbles around your body like a pinball machine. I would love to tie this jerkoff up to a pole and give him the choice of me shooting him with a .338 Lapua or a .223. I would bet a nut he would choose the .223 really quick. brian sullivan, the libtard narrator is more skewed than that british twit, piers morgan. The propaganda machine at it's best.

melloman
11-29-2013, 03:05 PM
What do you expect? It's been a year since that mental case kid shot up the elementary school. It's time to beat us all to death with it again. Anything to push an agenda.

Punch The Clown
11-29-2013, 03:17 PM
Mello. I'm gonna really go out on a limb here. I predict that there will be another shooting in a public place sometime.

ttwn0324
11-29-2013, 03:38 PM
http://www.ar15.com/ammo/project/Fackler_Articles/wounding_patterns_military_rifles.pdf

They're not completely wrong about the round, especially the early rounds. The fight over the round has been going on since it was introduced. A lot of people where pissed that it was a killing round & not a wounding round. But, the rise of the AR is a direct result from the liberals 1994 assault weapons ban.

canes7
12-01-2013, 07:12 PM
http://www.ar15.com/ammo/project/Fackler_Articles/wounding_patterns_military_rifles.pdf

They're not completely wrong about the round, especially the early rounds. The fight over the round has been going on since it was introduced. A lot of people where pissed that it was a killing round & not a wounding round. But, the rise of the AR is a direct result from the liberals 1994 assault weapons ban.

True. No one really gave a shit about the AR until the antis came after it. So the manufacturers came up with new configurations and caliber still make it a hunting rifle. That put more AR's in more hands which is good for the AR. Also it put AR's in the hands of hunters, some of which who screwed over their brother firearms enthusiasts because they were afraid of an all out ban.

The tumbling bullet theory has been disproved many times over. I do not know why it still survives. I have targets fired from 0 to 600 yards that have clean holes in them. Some fired with GI. All ammo too.

ttwn0324
12-04-2013, 11:47 AM
The tumbling bullet theory has nothing to do with yawing in flight. It has to do with the original M193 round and the fragmentation at velocities above 2900fps.

Old Guard
12-04-2013, 11:56 AM
I fired some of the new tracers, out to over 800 yards, certainly looked stable..Now after hitting some soft surfaces all bets are off...Why Do THEy not ask Pierce Morgan to go back to his homeland, ENGLAnD..Where public weapons are BANNED??I Certainly do not like his crap on Tv..IMHO.

canes7
12-04-2013, 12:05 PM
Are there any bullets that do not tumble after hitting something? No.

ttwn0324
12-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Well, I sure as shit wouldn't be shooting M855 with an original twist of 1/14 or even the latter 1/12. Start pumping M193 out of an M4 you won't see the termed "inhumane" wounding that came out at of the Vietnam era. Which one should only concern themselves with if they give to shits about the "Laws of War".

That aside, I know firsthand what M193 does to deer out of an AR-15 SP1 and what it doesn't do out of an M4. The whole tumbling theory stems from the first thoughts of the 1/14 twist is what was causing the wounding seen early on. However, it was proven that the wounding was caused by bullet fragmentation at high velocity. Something that FMJ doesn't normally do in soft tissue. Now, supposedly they changed to 1/12 latter on after it was determined that cold weather had an effect on stabilization. Then changed the twist rate to 1/7 for M855. My point being is M193 doesn't tumble, it explodes in soft tissue when fired out of a 20" barrel. Velocity & the thinned copper skinned M193 being the keys. Add in the supposed fact a lot of the early Vietnam era M16s had riffling that was closer to 1/16 and a theory is born. M193, 1/14 twist, and 20" barrel is the way to go.

timshufflin
12-04-2013, 02:26 PM
What do you expect? It's been a year since that mental case kid shot up the elementary school. It's time to beat us all to death with it again. Anything to push an agenda.

You mean the democrat mental case kid, right?

ttwn0324
12-04-2013, 02:54 PM
I fired some of the new tracers, out to over 800 yards, certainly looked stable..Now after hitting some soft surfaces all bets are off...Why Do THEy not ask Pierce Morgan to go back to his homeland, ENGLAnD..Where public weapons are BANNED??I Certainly do not like his crap on Tv..IMHO.

Well, Pierce Morgan is a classic example of the elitists lefts love of sitting in judgement of everybody else. And nothing warms their hearts better then a phone hacking pompous British arse as a poster child. But, hey! This is CNN where they want you to believe the greatest crimes of the century where all gun related. And their battle cry now is starting to be we are all to mentally unstable to be having firearms and we need to protect ourselves from ourselves.