PDA

View Full Version : nics Check At CMP Pro Shop?

Punch The Clown
11-28-2013, 08:07 PM
Am I reading this thread wrong, or does the CMP do a nics check on rifle repairs?
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=121014

jjones
11-28-2013, 09:06 PM
Looks like you read it right.

Punch The Clown
11-28-2013, 09:18 PM
So what do they do if you pop? Confiscate?

Roadkingtrax
11-29-2013, 01:03 AM
They send it to auction....

NCIS check everytime...read it right.

Punch The Clown
11-29-2013, 09:12 AM
I cant wait to read this post:

CMP Pro Shop Does It Right!
Just sent -about 2 years ago-my all correct and original 1942 Garand to the Pro Shop for a clean and inspect. Not only did they remove all that nasty patina, they replaced a lot of my old parts with brand new re-parked ones! And to add the icing on the cake, they did a FREE NICS CHECK!$clapper$. I've had problems in the past-my name is Albert DeSalvo-so I got a call from the sweet ladies at Anniston saying that I wont be seeing my rifle anytime in the foreseeable future, but that's OK 'cause I know my baby is in the capable hands of the CMP! :D Thank you oh mighty exalted Orest for going the extra mile for us!!!

LEAD POISON
11-29-2013, 10:52 AM
I have many firearms for sale on GB with a dealer.If in the long run they do not sell.
I have to have a NICS check to get them back, for my own firearms.PITA.

Punch The Clown
11-29-2013, 11:04 AM
I have many firearms for sale on GB with a dealer.If in the long run they do not sell.
I have to have a NICS check to get them back, for my own firearms.PITA.

LP, that may be a little different. I think when you consign a firearm, you are sort of selling it to the dealer in a way. Tim is on top this i believe.

Punch The Clown
11-29-2013, 12:26 PM
Change of policy.

http://forums.thecmp.org/showpost.php?p=964148&postcount=20

Old Guard
12-03-2013, 12:53 PM
LP, that may be a little different. I think when you consign a firearm, you are sort of selling it to the dealer in a way. Tim is on top this i believe.

If i remember it correctly, She told me it was about $200.00 in fees,{Consignment} and yes, you pay for a background check, $10..00 here, to get it back???It has to be listed on her books...I changed my mind, after considering that mess...I can sell it off my shoulder and clear more money, until they change somemore laws...to prevent such actions?

timshufflin
12-03-2013, 03:45 PM

That is correct.