PDA

View Full Version : Sounds as though CMP does build Correct Grades

Orlando
12-08-2013, 11:00 AM
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=124191
This oughta stir up a hornets nest

Prince Humperdink
12-08-2013, 02:27 PM
It is only wrong when someone who is not employed by the CMP corrects a rifle and then it is only a corrected rifle,but if the CMP does it,it is correct...period.

ordmm
12-08-2013, 02:32 PM
Have always figured anything that has gone thru the CMP in the last 2 to 3 years has been messed with in some way or another. (the Taiwanese allen screws on the M1C mounts is a small example) Guess it's up to the purchaser to decide if what they have makes them happy. Neat thing is all the service grade specials with the pretty much just about mint metal but with repro wood have driven up the price in exc+ GI wood to crazy levels. Would not doubt many pull the wood from the of the really nice Greek SG rifles from 3 or 4 years to ago to cash out. CMP has really created a "collector" market all unto itself.

Old Guard
12-09-2013, 01:02 PM
CMP has Created a Market says a lot..I agree, most have gone beyond all reasonable limits in price...I was in total shock on my first trip to the Ss....Junk at premium prices, scattered all around...Except the specials and they were double what I expected in price...But very nice for late wood.... if I offend some one here, SORRY, But I DO NOT WORSHIP AT the CMP ALTAR.....

ttwn0324
12-10-2013, 01:07 AM
Of course they do. Then they put them up for auction.

Old Guard
12-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Of course they do. Then they put them up for auction.

This action had been noted, So I put up the money for the HRA service model...Waited over 90 days...I believe that they are deliberately scrambling the parts....First it made me a little sad, Now I see I am NOT going to spend a bunch more money to try to Correct that rifle...It might just stay in the Safe...Brand new upper, but an Sa op rod and trigger group..I did spent 2 hours steaming the dents and initials out of the stock and grips..Certainly made me determined NOT to order another one, as the same parts would be wrong..I did also note if you bought FOUR, that you could get the good parts..So SURE...