PDA

View Full Version : Rifles on TV movie, Bonnie and Clyde, 2013 version

Old Guard
12-12-2013, 11:04 AM
Well, Had a chance to see most of this two part flick..I saw one of the rare Colt Monitors open up on the kids..then enjoyed the Super sniper in the hotel room with the 1903 [a4?] rifle...Clyde barrow was famous for his Butt stock-cut BAR, which was looted from the National Guard..The movie made him out to be Chopper guy???I guess it made more spark for the show to do that...I did like the flames licking out , but missed the good parts about the details of the old armored car, with MG mod. that the police used..What say Guys??? OG.

ttwn0324
12-12-2013, 12:52 PM
Clyde & his weapons of choice is 80% of the reason the NFA exists. And if any of the supporters of the act had any foresight. They would have included high capacity & detachable magazines as well. Ironically, I believe they thought they solved that problem by banning the weapons that had them at that time. So out of touch as they were, I doubt they even knew the Rem Model 8 was being converted to take detachable mags at the time. And god bless their heedless slipshod.

Old Guard
12-13-2013, 10:11 AM
I had a chance to Fondle a brand new Thompson at the guns show, early this year..It was a very nice piece, Unfired too... he had the shaped case, the stick mags, and a new 75 or 100 round drum mag.. Surprised me as to the heavier weight...the cheaper Tenn made models were lighter, and had Poly firing groups on them...His had the lyman sights and the comp on the barrel.. As you know they stoped putting them on the GI model, to save money and weight..I just could not take it home..Og

cuppednlocked
12-13-2013, 02:46 PM
An FFL friend of mine in SC has an Auto-Ordnance version. Last I saw him he was waiting for his SBR tax stamp and the processing of his license to be an NFA dealer. I picked his up and was surprised as well. That thing is heavy for what it is!

I'd still like to own one but that can be said for many firearms...

Old Guard
12-17-2013, 10:29 AM
Thompson "chicago typewriter" is an excellant short range weapon, but so was the M1 Carbine....Not so great was the M3 grease gun..Or Reising .45...really rare...Btw, the Nashville guard unit still had Burp guns {m-3} and BARs back when they came to Mem after MLK was shot..We had new Garands, 1917 Mg and .45 autos...A couple years later and we had the not so great Colt Sp1 m-16, with lockout levers...and I moved up to a M-60 with tripod....and bipod on the barrel...The only Mg's we had out during the riots were on the APC's that went out with us...