PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Say The Pledge And Morning Prayers In Public School?

Punch The Clown
12-22-2013, 02:17 AM
I did. I still remember. Bless this house oh Lord we pray, we gather together to ask the Lord's blessing, G_d is great, G_d is good, and we thank him for our food. I remember them all, word for word. I don't remember anyone being offended. When did all this "offense" start? I'm telling you. This country is a shithole compared to when I grew up. People were friendly. Everyone not only had two parents but they knew who they were. We used words like Sir and Ma'am. Obviously the libtards way is not the right way. I wish we could turn back the clock and get it right this time.

Merry Christmas!! That didn't hurt one bit. Merry Christmas! Easy pease. Nothing to it.

seaninmich
12-22-2013, 07:11 AM
Stu, most of this took hold in the90s. I really think I was one of the last people to actually have a clue. Anyone younger than me (under 40) is generally pretty fucked up

jbkf1003
12-22-2013, 08:26 AM
I'm 32, we said the pledge, no prayers. But we did sing Christmas songs in chorus, and at assemblies.

We did pray before football games though.

Justin

cuppednlocked
12-22-2013, 10:15 AM
No prayers for me, but the pledge was standard until High School IIRC.

High school was '84-88.

canes7
12-22-2013, 10:29 AM
No prayers for me, but the pledge was standard until High School IIRC.

High school was '84-88.

Ditto for me at various schools around Cuyahoga county Ohio.

jak
12-22-2013, 10:55 AM
I went to Catholic schools for grades 1 thru 8, so we did say prayers and the Pledge of Allegiance every morning.
I went to public schools for 9 -12 and it was only the Pledge of Allegiance. Of course that was the 60's and the 70's.

Punch The Clown
12-22-2013, 12:44 PM
I went to public school in the 60's. Being a member of the tribe I never went to Christmas Mass, but I loved the season. Everyone was happy and friendly. We would see friends we hadn't seen in a while. My parents would bring me the manhattan and we would take in the Radio City CHRISTMAS spectacular, see the tree, check out all the lights. I loved Christmas. Bill O'Reilly would probably bash me because I wasn't celebrating the "TRUE" meaning of Christmas, but spending quality time with friends and family and just enjoying that one time of the year that everyone seemed to be nice and happy and full of hope was good for me.

seaninmich
12-22-2013, 03:20 PM
catholic school. 13 years - K through 12. Every day K through 8 we had pledge and prayer. In high school, we prayed at the beginning of every class - 5 or 6 times a day. pledge was done once a day in the morning over the PA system.

Roadkingtrax
12-22-2013, 03:28 PM
K-8 Catholic school. 1980s

Not in public High School.

Prince Humperdink
12-22-2013, 04:04 PM
We said the pledge in grade school in the '80's.

cuppednlocked
12-22-2013, 06:02 PM
I went to public school in the 60's. Being a member of the tribe I never went to Christmas Mass, but I loved the season. Everyone was happy and friendly. We would see friends we hadn't seen in a while. My parents would bring me the manhattan and we would take in the Radio City CHRISTMAS spectacular, see the tree, check out all the lights. I loved Christmas. Bill O'Reilly would probably bash me because I wasn't celebrating the "TRUE" meaning of Christmas, but spending quality time with friends and family and just enjoying that one time of the year that everyone seemed to be nice and happy and full of hope was good for me.

Growing up in suburban MD I had a LOT of Jewish friends. I think I celebrated Hanukkah as many times as Christmas. Our neighbors would get a "Hanukkah bush" because they loved the whole Chrstmas tree thing. My best freind's family adopted me during the holidays and kept me fed with potato latkes! I could/would eat my weight in those!

Punch The Clown
12-22-2013, 06:38 PM
I lived in maryland for a little while. The Glenmont shopping center, on Georgia Ave,which was just a little strip mall, was the end of civilization. Anything past there was rural.

cuppednlocked
12-22-2013, 08:43 PM
I know the area well. It has been a long time since I was there but civilization extended a "bit" further...

Old Guard
12-23-2013, 12:28 PM
Does any one remember ob standing there with his hands by his side, during most ceremonys, then public outcry, twitter, facebook, ect made him act proper..Plus wear a US flag on his lapel ...As many before him have done..he should know a little about this??OOpps not in war room? About, reading the bible in school, before class....it was because many cannot understand or read the bible before their senior year in public schools??