PDA

View Full Version : A 4 year old's opinion on Chinese products

jbkf1003
12-22-2013, 08:30 PM
So I bought a Norinco SKS, and I took my daughter to pick it up from the FFL dealer. Nice guy, he works out of his house. I know him well, so we're shooting the breeze, he has another guy there picking up some revolvers. The other customer sees the SKS and asks if it's Romanian or Chinese, I tell him it's Chinese.

My 4 year old daughter then whispers to me to come close to her and says to me in a quiet voice but matter of factually:

"Dad, when we go school supply shopping, mommy tells me that stuff made in China just breaks".

How do you argue with that..

jak
12-22-2013, 08:38 PM
You have a smart daughter.

buckley94thmp
12-23-2013, 05:39 AM
sounds like more pro-capitalist treason talk
in communist china , rifle breaks..... your face!

Old Guard
01-06-2014, 10:21 AM
It seems that we do get a lot of Chinese JUNK or the poorest quaility they have made? The Sks rifle was most likely made under very tight controls.The screw-in barrel the strongest version..But for a Child to remember this, from mama. I must agree, not all of it is of good quality for consumer use..IMHO, I will not use any of their food products, Including their Cheap CANDY...Look at where that cute stuff came from....

ordmm
01-06-2014, 11:35 AM
So I bought a Norinco SKS, and I took my daughter to pick it up from the FFL dealer. Nice guy, he works out of his house. I know him well, so we're shooting the breeze, he has another guy there picking up some revolvers. The other customer sees the SKS and asks if it's Romanian or Chinese, I tell him it's Chinese.

My 4 year old daughter then whispers to me to come close to her and says to me in a quiet voice but matter of factually:

"Dad, when we go school supply shopping, mommy tells me that stuff made in China just breaks".

How do you argue with that..

You didn't finish the story. Did you accept the SKS? Or tell the dealer you changed your mind and not accept it?
Just curious.

jbkf1003
01-06-2014, 11:47 AM
Nope I knew what it was when I bought it, so I took delivery, haven't shot it yet so we'll see how she does. I bought a Mojo rear peep sight for it, I hate the blade notch sights. Garands really ruined them for me.

Justin

Old Guard
01-06-2014, 05:55 PM
As Mentioned here before, Check the bolt on the SKS and make sure the firing pin is free and clean...

timshufflin
01-06-2014, 11:25 PM
Chinese Christmas toys don't make it to New Years Day.

Old Guard
01-07-2014, 03:34 PM
Yes, read that well..My Sks has had a bunch of ammo run thru it...I used it plenty, until I could find an Ak...Still chinese, with 386 in circle on the side..