PDA

View Full Version : Lone Survivor

Jimbo Slice
01-09-2014, 10:46 PM
I have a hard time getting behind this movie.

A) It's Hollywood.

B) Marky Mark.

C) The Glorification factor is 10.

D) "Based on a true story"...

E) OPSEC

Old Guard
01-10-2014, 10:05 AM
I choose 'e', but trying to decode it.. I had my doubts about this one, First place i don't like there only being one to come out of it...next if i saw that many enemy coming i would sure be looking to evade and fight another day..BUT , I have not been to see it yet? IMHO.

timshufflin
01-10-2014, 10:09 AM
A, A, A, A again.

ordmm
01-10-2014, 11:08 AM
Don't know about the movie, have not seen it. It's a movie and it has to appeal to the majority of people who want to see an action flic. The book by Marcus Luttrell was a good read. The four Seals involved were in some pretty bad shit. The three who died did so fighting for their lives. One of them, Michael Murphy received the MOH.

http://www.navy.mil/moh/mpmurphy/oc.html

ttwn0324
01-10-2014, 06:53 PM
Any movie that raises questions about "Rules of Engagement" & "What would you do" is a good movie to me.

Schriv
01-11-2014, 10:24 AM
I saw it yesterday. It is an excellent movie.
It did a great job of portraying the tightness (and toughness) of the teams and the Army/Marines that supported them. The primary focus was on the three men that died in Marcus's team, but a CH-47 with 16 SOF operators on board was shot down trying to rescue them. All aboard died as well. An RPG-7 may have brought them down, but the ROE for their supporting Apaches set up the situation.
There was no political Rah-rah and dealt very well with the ROE issues and comm difficulties for both the recon team and the QRF back at J-bad.
At the end, they show pictures of the real operators and their families. Even in a full theater, you could have heard a pin drop while those were showing.