PDA

View Full Version : Another example of why I don't use usps tracking numbers.

timshufflin
01-13-2014, 10:08 PM
Look at this http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=127154

When people see their package is not scanned, they start to think it was stolen or not even shipped. It causes more problems then it's worth.

ordmm
01-13-2014, 11:03 PM
Over the last 6 months have had groups of packages go missing 3 or 4 times. At any one time would have 10 or more packages that just dropped off the tracking. We did the label, dropped it off a the post office, and then nothing until maybe it was delivered. Sometimes, then, the whole history would show up, sometimes part of the trip, or in some cases nothing. Not too long ago had the local postal clerk asked me if I changed anything in the way I printed labels. My answer, no, same as always. The clerk mentioned that the packages would not scan in. This has cost me money. Expecially tough if the item is sold on Ebay where shipping is part of the rating, and the Ebay crowd will be glad to punish you royally for any lapse in customer satisfaction. Ebay knows about it the issue with USPS tracking. The USPS knows about it, but won't admit it officially as they know without tracking proof they have to pay off on insurance. Guess it's some kind of software issue. Seems like with USPS tracking, Target getting hacked, crappy Obamacare website that really doesn't work, and so forth and so on, I really think the "electronic infrastructure" of his country is screwed.

Schriv
01-13-2014, 11:33 PM
I've been having issues with the tracking showing something as being delivered that actually hasn't been.
A couple of items showed up two full days after the date that it showed it arrived. I've got an inbound package missing right now.

jak
01-14-2014, 12:16 AM
I've been having issues with the tracking showing something as being delivered that actually hasn't been.
A couple of items showed up two full days after the date that it showed it arrived. I've got an inbound package missing right now.

The delivery people are probably scanning the package and showing it delivered so that they make their "numbers"
I had that happen a couple times at IBM. I was a repair person. I fixed servers,PC's controllers, printers etc..all kind of stuff.
We ordered parts for next day delivery through UPS or Fed-ex. We had contracted delivery times. IBM paid big bucks for that.
Parts had to be delivered by 9:00 AM or UPS or Fed-ex would be penalized. When the delivery people were running late,
they would scan our parts as being delivered even though the parts would get to the office until 9:15 or 9:30.

jak
01-14-2014, 12:40 AM
Seems like with USPS tracking, Target getting hacked, crappy Obamacare website that really doesn't work, and so forth and so on, I really think the "electronic infrastructure" of his country is screwed.

I blame Bill Gates and Microsoft. With their crappy Windows software, they got people to accept "as normal" systems that don't work, lock up or crash, and have security holes everywhere.

canes7
01-14-2014, 09:00 AM
USPS tracking has never been reliable, but IMHO it's gotten better recently. Previously only about 10% of the packages I sent would show up in tracking, now it's up to about 30%.

"Seems like with USPS tracking, Target getting hacked, crappy Obamacare website that really doesn't work, and so forth and so on, I really think the "electronic infrastructure" of his country is screwed. " - ordmm

I believe the problem lie with the education and training of the next generation. An infrastructure has been built, whether it be electronic or transportation or whatever, but we are not training anyone on how it works or why it's there. The only training many are getting is simple fix training but that does not get into the larger scope of why it's there or how it was built. So when a large problem comes around those that are left in charge of resolving the issue are woefully unprepared.

timshufflin
01-14-2014, 05:23 PM
Here's the deal, for whatever reason usps employees are not scanning packages. This is very easily fixed, when their employees are caught not scanning, you FIRE them. This isn't rocket science and it isn't a flipping mystery. This is a very simple thing to solve and it is directly related to the culture within the usps.

Orlando
01-14-2014, 06:05 PM
I always had great service with USPS, not so much in the last few months