PDA

View Full Version : got M14 butt plates?

seaninmich
01-23-2014, 01:42 PM
Guys, I'm trying to find a dependable source for M14 butt plates. I would prefer a new manufacture, if possible, just to maintain consistency in availability, fit, finish, condition, etc. If anyone has a lead, please let me know

Old Guard
01-24-2014, 03:19 PM
Did you ever deal with Fred's stocks?? I never got a reply from him on my order..His stocks included said butt-plates..

seaninmich
01-24-2014, 03:31 PM
Did you ever deal with Fred's stocks?? I never got a reply from him on my order..His stocks included said butt-plates..

never dealt with him. I've never heard anything good about him either. He does have the best price for m14 butt plates, though. So did your order ever show up?

Old Guard
01-24-2014, 03:36 PM
Fred's never replied, not email, phone, nadda, zilch, waited for a month and a half, as he was doing some appleseed stuff...after 2 mos my charge card number was changed, so I felt like he might still be in business....Some have good luck, others report the same as me...

canes7
01-24-2014, 04:21 PM
Fred is a crap shoot. One never knows how your order will be dealt with.

Old Guard
01-24-2014, 05:28 PM
Fred is a crap shoot. One never knows how your order will be dealt with.

Well I have never been IGNORED before when i sent ina letter with my CC info on it before?? I found one stock with out the hardware and bought it..But still wanted a pretty one from him, with hardware..??

seaninmich
01-24-2014, 06:36 PM
I just ordered some from Fred's. May God have mercy on my soul....

Old Guard
01-24-2014, 06:56 PM
I just ordered some from Fred's. May God have mercy on my soul....

Okay, so you ordered on the web?? Let me know how it works for you?

canes7
01-24-2014, 07:52 PM
My order took almost 6 weeks, others have had their stuff in a week. Then I had a couple stocks that did not meet grade so I drove the hour over to his shop. He took care of me and did not argue one bit. I've decided that if I order from him again I'll just do a pickup at his shop.

Good luck Sean.

seaninmich
01-28-2014, 12:19 AM
already got my order confirmation and shipping notice from Fred's. Not too shabby so far. We'll see what shows up

Orlando
01-28-2014, 06:44 AM
I'm curious to see condition when they arrive. I need afew myslef

Old Guard
01-28-2014, 10:02 AM
already got my order confirmation and shipping notice from Fred's. Not too shabby so far. We'll see what shows up

Sean,hey, Looks like congratulations are in order..On being in line,,I might just have to try again in the future..

jbkf1003
01-28-2014, 10:22 AM
They seem to be 'better' with their new website. Maybe their order taking system is a lot better with it. I ordered a fiberglass stock a few years back, never got billed, never shipped. I ordered a handguard on their new site a few months back, fast ship. Email confirmation, shipment email. Product was good too.

*Maybe* they got their act together...

Let us know how it goes.

Justin

canes7
01-28-2014, 12:17 PM
I'm starting to believe that Fred looks at orders as low hanging fruit. Meaning he'll get the easy ones first and if at all complicated or has to search thru the warehouse it gets put to the back of the line. Just a guess....

Congrats Sean on the quick order fill and ship from Fred's.

Rumor has it that he's looking to sell off the business. Anyone want to go halfsies? :)

seaninmich
02-01-2014, 11:43 PM
Ordered on Saturday. Received at my house on Thursday. Not bad. I'm not there to open them, but will have wife crack into them this week and take some pics