PDA

View Full Version : MiniG

9th Infantry Division
01-28-2014, 08:25 PM
Hello, new to the forums here, been around a while over at the CMP forums. Just sent off a six digit Springfield to Tim yesterday for the MiniG conversion. Pretty excited about getting it done, been in the works since last summer. Had an agent snag me a very nice field grade at the south store. It had a firewood stock on it, but the rifle is great. Put a very nice HRA stock set on it as that's all I have, so it should come out looking great.

The waiting begins..................

timshufflin
01-28-2014, 08:48 PM
Well thank you for your trust Sir.

jbkf1003
01-28-2014, 09:35 PM
You won't be sorry. Did you go Mag Fed or no? They handle so nicely at 16".

9th Infantry Division
01-28-2014, 09:39 PM
Your welcome Tim!

Did not go mag fed, just straight up MiniG. I am worried about the stock though in shipment, hope the shippers are easy with the package.

9th Infantry Division
02-04-2014, 02:20 AM
UPS truck dropped off my rifle at your side door on Friday . Sure hope you found it. This is like waiting on Christmas.

timshufflin
02-04-2014, 08:28 AM
UPS truck dropped off my rifle at your side door on Friday . Sure hope you found it. This is like waiting on Christmas.

You trusted UPS too?

Old Guard
02-04-2014, 10:56 AM
$swords$ Hope that you packed it very well...Some of the tests that they put on boxes?? I have been there when they load containers...

9th Infantry Division
02-04-2014, 01:09 PM
Ya I know. My nephew works there, he's the loading manager. I guess I'm batting 0 for 2.

Old Guard
02-04-2014, 06:23 PM
When i lived in the City, I would fruitlessly drive over to the UPS terminal to try to get my parts..All in vane, Most of the time after one notice..But since then I have been to a bunch of terminals and stations, they are about the same..Just pray your package doesn't fall off and get run over by a "TUG"? They weigh as much as a small truck..Don't know about 2 to 0, either...Most the items get here in Perfect condition..But their driver just leaves it on the porch and hammers on the door, then he is back to the truck..

9th Infantry Division
02-04-2014, 09:10 PM
[QUOTE=Old Guard..But their driver just leaves it on the porch and hammers on the door, then he is back to the truck..[/QUOTE]

Well, next time I guess I'll just pick up a six pack and drive it over myself. I like road trips!

(the 6 pack would be for Tim)

9th Infantry Division
02-17-2014, 07:05 PM
Two weeks and counting.....tick...tock...tick...tock....;)

9th Infantry Division
04-04-2014, 01:56 PM
MiniG is done! Now I'm looking for a T37, but not one of the cheapo imports. Does anyone know what happened to Alex at Tower Armory Corp? Phone # is no good, doesn't answer emails either.

wags
04-04-2014, 03:05 PM
MiniG is done! Now I'm looking for a T37, but not one of the cheapo imports. Does anyone know what happened to Alex at Tower Armory Corp? Phone # is no good, doesn't answer emails either.

On cmp forums under Marketplace M1 Garands, he last advertised in 2011 for his T37 Flashhider. Nothing since. A couple folks were just asking today about him.

9th Infantry Division
04-04-2014, 05:03 PM
Ya, that was me looking for him over there.

wags
04-04-2014, 06:36 PM
I guess it pays to pay attention to posters name, huh?

bandolier
05-23-2014, 06:37 PM
Wags good to see you here my friend, Jeep and here Bandolier. Great minds work alike,next week I am dropping one off for the Shuff Magic!! How's that knee doing??

bandolier
05-23-2014, 07:24 PM
The t-37 can effect accuracy and get damaged easy. Would not even use one on a M1D. Beware it is not all that other than looking like starwars.

wags
05-24-2014, 04:14 AM
Wags good to see you here my friend, Jeep and here Bandolier. Great minds work alike,next week I am dropping one off for the Shuff Magic!! How's that knee doing??

Still waiting to send one of my FG's to Tim for the Mini-G mod. Probably after Sturgis trip in August. New knee is 100%! Now the other one needs replaced. No hurry though.

timshufflin
05-24-2014, 06:09 AM
The t-37 can effect accuracy and get damaged easy. Would not even use one on a M1D. Beware it is not all that other than looking like starwars.

I really like the T-37 when the prongs are cut off in half. The prongs become much more structurally sound and the look is better. This said, I wouldn't do it for hunting because grass would be combing through those prongs and getting stuck.

bandolier
05-24-2014, 08:10 AM
Makes sense Tim stronger cut short and could be a brush hook like the early M-16 prongs. Wags ,I am going to Sturgis too! Riding out there to on the bike with a old buddy,both of us 60 years old and its on the bucket list,Wildhog's. Come to think of it the Mini-G is on that list too. Life is good!