PDA

View Full Version : Rifle Finally Sent for Mini-G - Just before the Snow Storm!

steelap
01-31-2014, 07:22 AM
Have been talking to Tim about customizing a Mini-G build. I was all ready to send it out, then I had to go TDY for a week.

Come back, pack it up, and take it to the Post Office - Tuesday, 28 January! The day the snow hit the South! Naturally, Huntsville AL mail has to go through Birmingham AL.

Tracking number shows it was sent from Huntsville Tuesday night - but that's all. No arrival data in B'ham. I wonder if it will ever reach Tim?

New USPO slogan - "Either rain, or snow, or gloom of night, will keep the Post from its faithless rounds." ;)

9th Infantry Division
02-04-2014, 02:53 AM
My rifle reached him on Friday, I hope yours made it as well. I sent mine UPS, just hope they didn't drop it, or abuse it.

steelap
02-04-2014, 08:58 AM
Per the USPS my rifle was delivered yesterday (Monday).

How do they say it at the CMP? Oh, yes, "Now the wait begins."

I don't know how far back Tim is backlogged, but it is what it is.

9th Infantry Division
04-04-2014, 11:09 PM
Did you get yours yet?

steelap
04-05-2014, 01:45 AM
Did you get yours yet?

Per Shuff, mine is done. Unfortunately, I've had to request that he delay shipping for a couple weeks.

I'll see it toward the end of April, God willing and the creek don't rise.

How about you?

timshufflin
04-05-2014, 06:38 AM
Steelap, your rifle is indeed done. Yours was one of those that took some extra effort. Kept throwing enblocs, over and over. I finally switched enblcs, still kept doing it. I then switched to another maker, it quit throwing them. Rifle did not like one particular greek HXP enbloc supplier. It started with 77 but I couldn't read the letters clearly. I put in a SA and it ran fine. Timing was on, I put a stronger clip latch spring set up in, switched bullet guides, nothing helped till I switched enblocs.

steelap
04-05-2014, 05:23 PM
Sorry you had trouble with it. I am really looking forward to the "new" rifle.

Have a great day!

timshufflin
04-05-2014, 05:39 PM
I just hope it is indeed the enblocs. When I used SA or other enblocs though, no issue. The odd thing is that the ones that didn't work in your rifle, had just worked in another Mini-G not the day before.

Like standard Garands, enblocs can be finicky with some rifles.

9th Infantry Division
04-05-2014, 06:01 PM
Per Shuff, mine is done. Unfortunately, I've had to request that he delay shipping for a couple weeks.

I'll see it toward the end of April, God willing and the creek don't rise.

How about you?

Ya mine is back, I put up some pictures in the picture thread. Sorry you have to wait until the end of the month to see yours, that is, if the south doesn't get hit with another snow storm.

checkmate19
04-06-2014, 03:03 PM
Congrats guys, I am ashamed to say I have not ordered a Mini G yet. i have talked about it since Tim first made them. I have cut my collection in half so no excuse for not ordering one, well money maybe. I can not make my mind up zinc or mag, than the standard g or mag fed and so on. Again money kinda puts out the flames. I have a 5 digit that will be the host. OK so off to the pic thread to check out yours 9th Infantry Division.

dannybritton
04-07-2014, 09:48 PM
Congrats guys, I am ashamed to say I have not ordered a Mini G yet. i have talked about it since Tim first made them. I have cut my collection in half so no excuse for not ordering one, well money maybe. I can not make my mind up zinc or mag, than the standard g or mag fed and so on. Again money kinda puts out the flames. I have a 5 digit that will be the host. OK so off to the pic thread to check out yours 9th Infantry Division.

I was the same as you! I put it off trying to decide what I wanted. Finally sent it off to Tim a week or so ago.
It's in the Mini G waiting room as we speak.
I ended up just getting the straight Mini G treatment. Kind of like the looks of the miniature Garand!
Sure would like a mag fed one though!