PDA

View Full Version : Utah throws away school lunches

timshufflin
01-31-2014, 08:33 AM
I'm sure you've all heard about this incident. Some kids parents didn't pay their bill for school lunch and the school took back the lunches that were already served to the violators and threw them away in front of everyone. I don't think that was a good way to handle it BUT the kids should have never gotten the lunches in the first place.

All this drama about the national school lunch debate can be solved very very easily, NO more school lunches! Here's a tip, pack your own damn lunch! Keep the government out of lunch period! This means that even the "poor" need to pack their own damn lunch, no more free lunches.

"No child in Utah should ever be hungry in a classroom," sate Sens. Jim Dabakis and Todd Weiler, said in a joint statement released Thursday (http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57472249-78/lunch-district-kids-lunches.html.csp). "The most basic component of learning is a full stomach."
The pair held a news conference outside the school today, before visiting the students.
"To me this rises to the level of bullying," Weiler said, according to the Tribune.

What a bunch of crap! Drama to spare about some kids who still got a snack after their free lunch was thrown away. The grade school I went to had no school lunch program, we packed our own lunch and somehow we all survived. A nation of wimps.

ordmm
01-31-2014, 10:03 AM
Why are the kids being fed by the school system anyway?

Old Guard
01-31-2014, 10:24 AM

Hey, You are behind in time..Here in Mem. they get a free breakfast and Lunch if on the poor list...Now they will get Free gov. money to tune of $4.7 million if they give 'ALL", a free lunch?That way no-one feels bad about being a free-lunch kid? I never got any thing free in school..they also want now to give them a lite supper, snacks, if they stay later for any school activitys? Now wonder they are getting Hog-fat around here..With all the free eats and buying up all the pork in store with snap cards..Sorry but that Free stuff is coming out of my pocket...

timshufflin
01-31-2014, 10:43 AM
When I went to high school, the school lunch started. My private grade school didn't give squat for free. I never noticed anyone going without in grade school and we had some pretty poor kids. These "poor" kids went on to do some pretty great things though and NONE of us failed to graduate from HS on time.

jak
01-31-2014, 11:46 AM

The liberals want the government to be"mommy" and "daddy". The libs want to control every aspect of your life. For example...what you eat, what news you read, what health care you have, you can't smoke, you can't own a gun...etc,etc

jbkf1003
01-31-2014, 11:52 AM

Because the parent(s) don't have any money for lunches. They spent it all on booze, cigarettes, Xboxes, Nuclear Powered Cell phones, $700 jeans, Plasma Tvs, ect.

Old Guard
01-31-2014, 05:05 PM
Because the parent(s) don't have any money for lunches. They spent it all on booze, cigarettes, Xboxes, Nuclear Powered Cell phones, $700 jeans, Plasma Tvs, ect.

You forgot some of the most expensive cars or trucks on the earth..Cadillac,Escalades usually, Lexus, Mercury pickups, M. Benz, The big suvs,it is all out front, and dressed to the match..Think of what you could buy if you were not paying for FOOd, Utilitys, or gasoline{snapcards}???There would be much more money for fun, and ammo??