PDA

View Full Version : Okay, The 1903a4 sniper bolt, what is different about it?

Old Guard
01-31-2014, 05:09 PM
Does anyone have side by side photos of them? I want to be' learned'[knowledgable], just in case I happen up on one, that is not priceless?? Someone, maybe Axe, said they copied one? Og.

mixmaster
02-06-2014, 01:28 AM
The A4 bolt is bent to clear the scope. as soon as I can I will post a pair as I have both. The bend is not that great but will clear the scope used in that time frame. Did not need it with the old Unertal as it sat high on the rings. I am in the process of building a replica of the A4 using a chromed receiver. I am using the A4 bolt. BTW you have to deepen the notch in the stock to clear altered bolt but not to much.
Mix

mixmaster
02-06-2014, 01:38 AM
Forgot to mention that if you are trying to build a true copy of the A4 you may find the cost of the bolt to be as much as the rifle you are working on. SARCO has a copy(not stated as a copy) of the A4 bolt for a little over $20.00 and worth the price as altering an 03 bolt will cost a bit more and you still have a copy.
Mix

Old Guard
02-06-2014, 10:08 AM
Forgot to mention that if you are trying to build a true copy of the A4 you may find the cost of the bolt to be as much as the rifle you are working on. SARCO has a copy(not stated as a copy) of the A4 bolt for a little over $20.00 and worth the price as altering an 03 bolt will cost a bit more and you still have a copy.
Mix

Good to know, so ya'll trust Sarco, at least several here on Bt have done well.. Still in shock about the fleabay Questionable bolt sell for over $700.00, that is crazy money for one with or without a doubt..

axemurderer
02-06-2014, 12:28 PM
OG

I bought a bent bolt from Numrich, Need to massage it a bit. Also it has slightly less outward curve, so I need to massage the back quite a bit. The end result is pretty nice. I think the bolt was about 25.00 bucks.

Mike

jak
02-06-2014, 12:55 PM
Still in shock about the fleabay Questionable bolt sell for over $700.00, that is crazy money for one with or without a doubt..

Ebay A4 bolt is fake.

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=128342

Old Guard
02-07-2014, 10:23 AM
Jak, Thanks for the reference, I had to go back and read it again..Interesting info on it, and they keep adding to it...Axe, I finally got LUCKy and bought a 'scruffy" 1903 bolt off fleabay yesterday..Nobody else knew what Scruffy meant???LOL, I have been bidding for a spell, this came up and 7.50 delivered was a good event..I plan on scotchguarding it, or maybe steel wool and light oil.. Any way it was just as a spare part and to see if I can create an A4 type?

axemurderer
02-08-2014, 10:14 PM
OG

Ya get lucky on ebay sometimes. I just scored a WL2 bolt for my Mark1 project for 12.50 plus shipping.

Mike

Jak, Thanks for the reference, I had to go back and read it again..Interesting info on it, and they keep adding to it...Axe, I finally got LUCKy and bought a 'scruffy" 1903 bolt off fleabay yesterday..Nobody else knew what Scruffy meant???LOL, I have been bidding for a spell, this came up and 7.50 delivered was a good event..I plan on scotchguarding it, or maybe steel wool and light oil.. Any way it was just as a spare part and to see if I can create an A4 type?

Old Guard
02-14-2014, 03:35 PM
M1 garand Tanker 392921118 Gunbroker ad? what did I not do right? Og.