PDA

View Full Version : what do you guys think?

toolman
06-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Thoughts please? Peace toolman

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=234098557

Im looking for a 1941 m1 garand!

Prince Humperdink
06-07-2011, 07:23 PM
I think the stock is a JLG,and not GHS,I think the sight is a later,more common type 2 Lock bar and not a flush nut,can't see drawing number on Op rod,and looks re parked.At best it is an early rebuild,but I suspect it is just a put together Rifle.It does have some desirable parts,but in My opinion not worth that price.
Ryan

LEAD POISON
06-07-2011, 07:24 PM
I did a correct 10/41 build #36857X I've got more than that in it.

timshufflin
06-07-2011, 08:20 PM
It looks like a type I, repro or real, don't know. JLG stock for sure, you can even see the flat bottom in the clip latch cut out. Receiver is definitely a repark, barrel has some sort of gouge in the front. Not sure on the trigger parts, didn't look them up. I have a tendency to not bit on items that were misrepresented because there's usually more falsification under the surface.

Prince Humperdink
06-07-2011, 09:14 PM
It looks like a type I, repro or real, don't know. JLG stock for sure, you can even see the flat bottom in the clip latch cut out. Receiver is definitely a repark, barrel has some sort of gouge in the front. Not sure on the trigger parts, didn't look them up. I have a tendency to not bit on items that were misrepresented because there's usually more falsification under the surface.
I thought it looks like the larger hole type 2 bar,and the knob looks knurled and not checkered(but I absolutely could be wrong),although it lacks the center staking.Wasn't the flush nut used up to sn 500,000,and type 1 short used after to about 1 mil or so?

timshufflin
06-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Type one, I think, is end of 41 to beginning of 42. I have a correct and early 6 digit with a type one. Of course, when the next book writer dies, everyone will say he was wrong. I was just going off the pinion length humppy, didn't even bother to look at the knobs or bar.

mixmaster
06-07-2011, 11:01 PM
I like it as a representative M1 of that year, but it has been rebuilt and re parked and over my limit price wise. It looks good enough to claim as "original" at a gun show.

toolman
06-08-2011, 04:57 AM
Thanks men! Surge another big fake. Ill keep looking for a 1941. peace toolman