PDA

View Full Version : schuster plug

cpl1951
02-04-2014, 07:32 PM
Just went out to shoot a couple of rounds through my new to me mini G.I talked to Tim to ask how to adjust it but forgot to ask where the casing should end up . Does anyone know ? Or is it just your own preference .I having them landing about 7 or 8 o'clock .

Orlando
02-04-2014, 07:52 PM
7-8 O'Clock is rather odd, not sure that is even possible?? Just as long as cases are thrown away from the shooter I am happy

buckshot85
02-04-2014, 08:56 PM
Lorne, when I set that rifle up for the Rems I told you about, it kicked them out from 2 - 5 o'clock. Like Orlando said though, as long as they are ejecting out and away, so be it. I set that plug just so it reliably extracted, ejected and loaded the next round. If it short stroked a touch, I went an 1/8 turn more in. I do not believe in the cases having to go to a given area. That also depends on how it is greased, the ammo, etc.... That rifle was not shot very much and may still need some range time to free up. Fresh park, NOS parts, it all makes a difference. It did, however, shoot great and once the plug was adjusted, never missed a beat.

cpl1951
02-04-2014, 09:12 PM
I done like Tim said to back it and do about 3 clicks at a time . It took about 9 or 10 clicks till it started to eject a round. The first time it went about 6 or 7 o clock then I gave it one more click and it moved till about 8 o clock .I was just trying to get it to function so I was shooting one at a time with no clip. I thought I remember people says with the M1 garand they were looking for the empties to land at a certain spot .Man it's fun to shoot!!!

Captain Teague
03-29-2014, 09:15 PM
Is an adjustable plug recommended for a Mini or tanker or will a regular plug do?

cpl1951
03-29-2014, 09:50 PM
With the adjustable plug you can shoot anything by just adjusting the plug.with the regular plug you need to shoot military surplus or equal hand loads.Other wise you could damage the rifle

timshufflin
03-30-2014, 09:16 AM
I done like Tim said to back it and do about 3 clicks at a time . It took about 9 or 10 clicks till it started to eject a round. The first time it went about 6 or 7 o clock then I gave it one more click and it moved till about 8 o clock .I was just trying to get it to function so I was shooting one at a time with no clip. I thought I remember people says with the M1 garand they were looking for the empties to land at a certain spot .Man it's fun to shoot!!!

You are saying that the ejected cases are going at your left eye? I wouldn't want my cases going there Sir. The cases should eject to the right side and between 1 and 5 0'clock is best.

cpl1951
03-30-2014, 10:08 AM
I must have my clock at 180 degrees then.It is throwing the casings to right.I thought the clock started at 12 at your shoulder and your saying 12 starts at the end of the barrel.

Captain Teague
03-30-2014, 12:27 PM
Yes, I would think 12 at the muzzle.

HerkyBird
03-30-2014, 09:46 PM
Y'all sound like my students.

Me: "Lt Snuffy, do you see that guy at 3 o'clock?"

Lt Snuffy: "No Sir!" (As he looks 90 degrees to the left)

Me: "Your other 3 o'clock, numb nuts."

Lt Snuffy: "Oh...Sorry sir."

Old Guard
03-31-2014, 09:06 AM
Remember the old,,,Make him carry a big rock in left hand??