PDA

View Full Version : Stu

LEAD POISON
06-08-2011, 04:31 PM
https://www.dupagetrading.com/m1-stocks/winchester-m1-stock.html

Dave
06-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Hard to tell for sure in the pics but that looks like it might be a 1" GHD. The rack numbers look like the ones that came out of Crane and most likely have the 7.62 cuts. Funny thing......my 1" GHD is also a Crane Naval stock.

Punch The Clown
06-11-2011, 08:13 PM
Got one LP. I spoke to Jim a few weeks ago and he hooked me up. My elevation cap came in today's mail so I am complete. Now to re-park or not to re-park?

LEAD POISON
06-11-2011, 08:19 PM
I vote no.
H&R yes,IHC yes.WRA NO.$vomit$
Got one LP. I spoke to Jim a few weeks ago and he hooked me up. My elevation cap came in today's mail so I am complete. Now to re-park or not to re-park?

Punch The Clown
06-11-2011, 08:25 PM
LP, this thing looks like the League of Nations. I'm not kidding you. It's about 15 different colors. I'll have to sleep on this one but it really looks like cr@p.

LEAD POISON
06-11-2011, 09:43 PM
So park the op rod.the trigger house group.Don't park the receiver or barrel.

Punch The Clown
06-11-2011, 10:07 PM
So park the op rod.the trigger house group.Don't park the receiver or barrel.

LP, one of my nicest rifles was one of those with the park so thin you could read a newspaper through it. It wasn't worn-just thin-probably like that when built. Anyway, Tim did the barreled receiver. I left all the other parts original and the gun looks great. This WRA however-sooo many different colors.

Punch The Clown
06-11-2011, 10:29 PM
I wan't going to bother about the handguard clip being WRA or not but I just went through my stash and BINGO! I love parts boxes.

LEAD POISON
06-11-2011, 11:15 PM
Well Stu It looks like you have your mind made up,and having it parked,your choice. yup, sure.
I think I'm going to have some of my Carson city Morgan dollars chrome plated because thier toneing red.

Punch The Clown
06-11-2011, 11:55 PM
I'm thinking, I'm thinking!

Dave
06-12-2011, 09:38 AM
I'm thinking, I'm thinking!

Tough choice is'nt it? Once its done theres no turning back. I'm in a similar situation myself with a 4 digit gas trap. I bought the receiver, its a sort of "translucent grey" and the parts I've been gathering are all different colors and levels of wear etc. The bolt is totally bare, no finish at all. Unfortuneately there is not much choice in matching the finish/wear when your buying this stuff as there is'nt enough out there to choose from. My oprod also has zero finish on it, it looks like someone beadblasted it years ago and never refinished it and now it has some rust and needs to be blasted again and parked. Some would cry about that but what other choice is there? Buy another one? How many uncut gas trap oprods have you seen for sale? How many non revision bolts have you seen for sale? Point is, while it might be great to restore a rifle with matching parts, which I have done 98% of the time, there are times when you don't have that luxury.

LEAD POISON
06-12-2011, 09:44 AM
I have (dont tell the KID) had some good luck with Birchwood's Aluminum black on steel parts.
Barrels,op rods.
Try it it's cheap,So am I.