PDA

View Full Version : WTB M1 Garand Receiver

jbkf1003
03-10-2014, 09:18 AM
Hi Guys,

Looking for a nice Garand receiver for a project, finish isn't important but nice sight serrations are. Manufacturer does not matter either. I'm looking to pay upto $350 shipped, my FFL will receive from an individual.

Thanks
Justin

timshufflin
03-17-2014, 06:52 PM
Have you found one yet? Have you tried the Garand Guy?

jbkf1003
03-17-2014, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the followup. Yes I did just get one lined up over the weekend. I bought a 308 barrel of a guy and just happened to ask him if he had one and I got a nice one for a decent price. You'll be seeing it in a few weeks, still waiting on my CMP stock set and some overpriced reparked parts then it will all be off to you for some time with a carbide cutter...

Thanks
Justin

timshufflin
03-17-2014, 07:20 PM
Got ya, just wanted to make sure you were able to find what you were looking for.

jak
03-17-2014, 09:07 PM
Have you tried the Garand Guy?

Garand Guy is not selling receivers. I asked about purchasing a receiver a month or two ago and he said no.

jbkf1003
03-18-2014, 03:28 PM
They are getting harder to find. You can go the Gunbroker route if you must, but they are getting up there in price, and alot of the ones I have seen on there have well worn sight serrations, ect.

I have a super nice HRA in original finish, looks brand new. I was going to use it for this project, but just couldn't bring myself to have it cut up. I'll save that for when stripped receivers are going for $750 in a few years...

Justin

Old Guard
03-18-2014, 04:11 PM
Omg, You must have been talking to someone over at Cmp? The endless supply will eventualy run out over at the arsenal..But $750 each for that part? Our money sure won't be worth much by then? Some of the last ones I have noticed offered are kind of ragged..but Tim could work his magic and make em nice..with the parkin..