PDA

View Full Version : Mini-G w/Ultimak question/request

happytaildog
03-17-2014, 05:14 PM
I have read that the Ultimak rail has to be modified along with the op-rod to fit a Mini-G. Would someone please post some pics of these mods? I am not trying to do-it-myself, just wondering how much metal gets removed to make everything fit. Trying to decide if it might be better to just go with a drop-down gas cylinder. Thanks

jbkf1003
03-17-2014, 05:26 PM
You can use the standard parts drop down BM59 style gas cylinder, and a BM59 muzzle brake. This combo allows you to use a ultimak rail unmodified.

That's what I did.

Sorry Tim not trying to deny you business, just think it's the better way to go... It will run you about the same cost wise..

Justin

timshufflin
03-17-2014, 06:50 PM
As jbkf1003 said, if you are going to use a muzzle brake, the drop down gas cylinder is the way to go. How much metal is removed when the mod is done? I don't know, I do it custom for every setup.

Captain Teague
03-29-2014, 08:37 PM
An Ultimak fits on a full size garand w/o modification correct? What is it about the Mini G modification that creates the need for fitting it?

timshufflin
03-29-2014, 08:41 PM
An Ultimak fits on a full size garand w/o modification correct? What is it about the Mini G modification that creates the need for fitting it?

Both the Mini-G and the Tanker leave little or no room because the oprod bend takes place within the bounds of the bulbous part of the barrel. There's a picture somewhere on this forum showing the situation.