PDA

View Full Version : Wtt sa m1 garand revision 9 op rod, uncut, flat

jbkf1003
04-10-2014, 12:06 PM
I picked up this oprod for a build. I am not a collector, just a shooter. So it does not matter to me that this is uncut. I'd trade it to someone on here who has need of it for a like new oprod of any make / revision. I would like excellent tab, excellent piston, and excellent finish. It can be reparked, retabbed, and have a new piston. Just as like new as possible.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=403220933

Justin

Old Guard
04-11-2014, 09:37 AM
Very nice looking rod.;..I need a HRA rod, in that nice a shape...IMHO, you did well on it..

jbkf1003
04-14-2014, 03:53 PM
Thanks OG. I wanted an HRA rod for a 'shooter' I have. It was all HRA except the commerical stock, and oprod. I haven't spent the time to check drawing numbers to correct it, nor do I intend to, but I did want it all HRA if possible. The rod was rough, so I sent if to be rebuilt by the CMP custom shop with their 'exchange' program, I put a sticky on there for an HRA oprod if possible. They obliged and it's all HRA now except the stock..

Justin

Old Guard
04-15-2014, 11:53 AM
Thanks OG. I wanted an HRA rod for a 'shooter' I have. It was all HRA except the commerical stock, and oprod. I haven't spent the time to check drawing numbers to correct it, nor do I intend to, but I did want it all HRA if possible. The rod was rough, so I sent if to be rebuilt by the CMP custom shop with their 'exchange' program, I put a sticky on there for an HRA oprod if possible. They obliged and it's all HRA now except the stock..

Justin

Okay so you were able to exchange it for an HRA reworked op rod..I attempted to get them CMP to sell me a HRA rod, They declined to do so..Mostly,Makes me think they screw up the rifles intentionally unless you buy them 6 at a time, and i won't be doing that, In fact it discouraged me from ordering anymore of the rifles... I still would like to have this one as a nice one with proper parts..It will fire, but i haven't done so yet...Mind telling the cost to get a rod reworked?

jbkf1003
04-15-2014, 12:03 PM
OG,

The rework exchange was $75 + shipping ($8 I think).

http://thecmp.org/sales/customshop.htm

It's one of those things where I put a sticky note on the order form asking for an HRA in return, no gaurentee they would, but they did in my case. If you have a rod that needs rework anyways I'd give it a shot. If not I might not take the risk.

Justin

Orlando
04-15-2014, 04:26 PM
As Ii understand they will rework "your" op rod if you want it back but if you are in a hurry they will send you a rod in exchange for yours.

Old Guard
04-15-2014, 04:36 PM
Sounds like maybe a way to get the op rod i want, now I need a used rod that is rebuildable for the exchange...Thanks for your help on understanding the Cmp special repairs..