PDA

View Full Version : Concealed Carry On Base

HerkyBird
04-10-2014, 08:11 PM
Guys...I'm trying to drum up support for an issue that is very near and dear to my heart. In the past 20 years, over 100 military members, veterans, and dependents have been killed or wounded in on-base mass shootings. There is no doubt in my mind that had the victims at Fairchild AFB, Ft Hood, and The Washington Navy Yard been able to exercise the Constitutional right they fought to protect, that number would be drastically lower. Unfortunately, current DoD policy prevents us from being able to adequately protect our families on base. As military members, we gladly sacrifice many things to defend our nation, but we should not be asked to sacrifice the safety of our families. I have written my Senate representation (Jim Inhofe) asking him to press for legislation allowing us to exercise our 2A rights on base. I implore you to do the same.

timshufflin
04-10-2014, 08:52 PM
Guys...I'm trying to drum up support for an issue that is very near and dear to my heart. In the past 20 years, over 100 military members, veterans, and dependents have been killed or wounded in on-base mass shootings. There is no doubt in my mind that had the victims at Fairchild AFB, Ft Hood, and The Washington Navy Yard been able to exercise the Constitutional right they fought to protect, that number would be drastically lower. Unfortunately, current DoD policy prevents us from being able to adequately protect our families on base. As military members, we gladly sacrifice many things to defend our nation, but we should not be asked to sacrifice the safety of our families. I have written my Senate representation (Jim Inhofe) asking him to press for legislation allowing us to exercise our 2A rights on base. I implore you to do the same.

I'll do it but it sure didn't help when "one of your own" got up there and said your current policy was great. No, the military would never sell us out, heck one of your own just sold you all out. Amazing what people will do for their job, anything.

HerkyBird
04-10-2014, 09:27 PM
I'll do it but it sure didn't help when "one of your own" got up there and said your current policy was great. No, the military would never sell us out, heck one of your own just sold you all out. Amazing what people will do for their job, anything.

We are a microcosm of our larger society. We have a number of the same idiots that you find outside of the military. Liberals, crooks, and careerists all exist in the military. There are good people too. People who take our oath seriously and will be standing on the right side of the line should the time come. I pray it never does, but you have to keep the faith.

Old Guard
04-11-2014, 09:31 AM
We are a microcosm of our larger society. We have a number of the same idiots that you find outside of the military. Liberals, crooks, and careerists all exist in the military. There are good people too. People who take our oath seriously and will be standing on the right side of the line should the time come. I pray it never does, but you have to keep the faith.
We have the faith brother and most of will be standing there too..I still take my service seriously enough. and it was many moons ago, that i was taking that same oath...Todays standards have fallen a lot, I Do dearly hope the current mess will clear up after the Election? I noticed you were Polite and Omited the fact that one of the FT Hood events was created by a Converted Muslem in our uniform..Obviously it was to Infiltrate from inside..One of the Hidden threats to freedom.

toolman
04-11-2014, 10:09 PM
Why should you be allowed to have a firearm?? If you work at a factory or place of business here in Indiana. You are not allowed to carry a firearm or have it on the property!!! peace toolman

Orlando
04-13-2014, 06:44 AM
Why should you be allowed to have a firearm?? If you work at a factory or place of business here in Indiana. You are not allowed to carry a firearm or have it on the property!!! peace toolman

How very true, we should all be able to carry in any place we choose. Anyone being told they cannot carry is being discriminated against

Old Guard
04-14-2014, 10:55 AM

Tennessee finally stepped up and said if you had a permit, You could carry it in your car and park on Company property....It took a very long time to pass...Now they want open carry for anyone, permits for concealed carry, which i say NUTZ..

Orlando
04-14-2014, 04:00 PM
Ohio always has been a open carry State although alot of people dont know it. I dont choose to carry openly and do carry concealed as I dont want the bad guys to know I'm packing

toolman
04-14-2014, 08:39 PM
Ohio always has been a open carry State although alot of people dont know it. I dont choose to carry openly and do carry concealed as I dont want the bad guys to know I'm packing

Only with a permit!! A lot of states let you open carry but only with a permit!

toolman
04-14-2014, 08:41 PM
Tennessee finally stepped up and said if you had a permit, You could carry it in your car and park on Company property....It took a very long time to pass...Now they want open carry for anyone, permits for concealed carry, which i say NUTZ..

But if your company doesn't want it on there property you must remove it!! or you can get FIRED!!

Orlando
04-14-2014, 08:42 PM
Only with a permit!! A lot of states let you open carry but only with a permit!

Anyone in Ohio who can legally posses a firearm can open carry, there is no permit. There is a license for conceal carry

jak
04-14-2014, 09:34 PM
In Pennsylvania you can open carry if can legally own a firearm. Except you need a permit to open carry in a vehicle and open carry in philadelphia.

toolman
04-14-2014, 10:23 PM
Anyone in Ohio who can legally posses a firearm can open carry, there is no permit. There is a license for conceal carry

my bad.. But if you have it in your car CCW required.. That makes a whole lot of sense??? So how do you transport it from place to place?? Peace toolman

toolman
04-14-2014, 10:27 PM

And correct me if im wrong? BUT not anyone can open carry. I thought that was if they can legally possess it. hence ( no felony,or under age?)

Orlando
04-15-2014, 05:46 AM
And correct me if im wrong? BUT not anyone can open carry. I thought that was if they can legally possess it. hence ( no felony,or under age?)

Yes as I stated in previous post anyone can open carry as long as you can legally posses a handgun. No open carry in a "vehicle" unless you have a CCW. If no CCW firearm must be unloaded in vehilce for transport. This will change someday

Old Guard
04-15-2014, 04:52 PM
Today it was announced that the TENN.Free Open carry failed..Thank goodness..ANYONE who owned a pistol was going to be toting it on their hip, if openly displayed..This failed, the carry permits still are good..Concealed or not,, I am like some members here, I do NOT openly carry my pistols...Sometimes under my vest or coat and then just the pocket carry...I don't like some of the hicks i see here with their pistols hanging where anyone could grab and start firing... The last thing i need is to have a guy pull it, over my driving into a gas station in the position he wanted, and he starts waving it around in a threat..This actually happened in Millington at Kroger gas, a few months ago..I do not always have a firearm with me..or in the car..Maybe that is a mistake?

Old Guard
04-15-2014, 04:59 PM
But if your company doesn't want it on there property you must remove it!! or you can get FIRED!!

Toolman,,No longer true here in Tenn...We had to remove all the firearm signs at the gates and go with the new red slashed,Banned Pistol and Knife,symbols at all entry doors...Not a real big deal, except we drive thru some very dangerous areas to get to work, some people here have lost windows due to fired shots, while inroute???Over three inch knife is still illegal, except at Airport, all Knifes are banned..

Orlando
04-15-2014, 05:02 PM
While I dont open carry I am all for it . If your open carry sharp situation awareness and a retention holster is a must

Old Guard
04-15-2014, 05:07 PM
While I dont open carry I am all for it . If your open carry sharp situation awareness and a retention holster is a must
Exactly, and since i am a real senior i am not as fast or keen as i once was...But it hanging out loose, looks bad even on a cop..My shoulder holster even has a quicksnap..

jak
04-15-2014, 07:29 PM
Today it was announced that the TENN.Free Open carry failed..Thank goodness..ANYONE who owned a pistol was going to be toting it on their hip, if openly displayed..This failed, the carry permits still are good..Concealed or not,, I am like some members here, I do NOT openly carry my pistols...Sometimes under my vest or coat and then just the pocket carry...I don't like some of the hicks i see here with their pistols hanging where anyone could grab and start firing... The last thing i need is to have a guy pull it, over my driving into a gas station in the position he wanted, and he starts waving it around in a threat..This actually happened in Millington at Kroger gas, a few months ago..I do not always have a firearm with me..or in the car..Maybe that is a mistake?

Free open carry is legal in Pennsylvania and 29 other states. You need a permit for conceal carry in Pa. I have probably seen fewer than 10 instances of open carry in public. The only time I open carry is when I am taking the dog for a walk in the woods behind my house. Everywhere else its conceal carry. Criminals don't care about the law in the first place so it doesn't matter to them if open or conceal carry is legal or not.

toolman
04-15-2014, 07:45 PM
Toolman,,No longer true here in Tenn...We had to remove all the firearm signs at the gates and go with the new red slashed,Banned Pistol and Knife,symbols at all entry doors...Not a real big deal, except we drive thru some very dangerous areas to get to work, some people here have lost windows due to fired shots, while inroute???Over three inch knife is still illegal, except at Airport, all Knifes are banned..

I guess im confused you say im wrong? Than in the same paragraph you say im right?? IF any private property any where in the united states doesn't want you to have a firearm on the said property you cannot. They can ask you to leave Or you will be arrested. Or private business! Not hard to figure out. And most companies have a NO firearm rule. Key WORD is (Private)...

Some have tried to say their vehicle is private property. Which in case is true. But Judges have ruled it is subject to search once it enters private property. So many people here in Indiana park their vehicle on the side street and walk over to their factory. hence it is public property and they may keep their firearm in the vehicle.