PDA

View Full Version : The Nevada BLM thing

ordmm
04-14-2014, 04:06 PM
Don't know all the details about the rancher named Bundy, and if he was right or wrong. Everybody can draw their own opinion on that. But the "optics" of this whole thing gets a person thinking how this could go really wrong. Kind of a "just one spark" thing. The Gov't pulled away from things for now. Something about the "West" and it's beauty sure makes the American Flag flying a beautiful thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNHbGpWl6Fg

canes7
04-14-2014, 05:51 PM
I really do not think that thing is over. It is for now maybe but as soon as the "militia" guys go home and things return to normal the .gov will strike like the cowards they are.

Orlando
04-14-2014, 07:51 PM
Alright ,guess I have been living in a cave lately. Whats the deal with the whole thing???????????

toolman
04-14-2014, 08:37 PM
Go reading!! Go check it out!! Peace toolman

Old Guard
04-15-2014, 12:07 PM
I have been looking it over, and He was wrong and fighting the government, over rent agreements...Now the militia showed up to help even the odds..It did make me mad the way the Sheriff showed up with the dogs and shooting the protesters with Tazers...Damn bullys..

jbkf1003
04-16-2014, 05:23 AM
Bottom line, people are fed up with government overreach and decided to stand up to them. Was the 'law' against the ranchers? Technically yes, but the 'law' was against the colonialists too, and Jim Crow laws were on the books as well, until someone stood up to them. What is 'lawful' is not always what is right.

I agree it's not over. It could get very bad quickly....

Old Guard
04-17-2014, 11:36 AM
Yeap, now it is either back to court and sheriff quietly comes in the morning wee hours for the arrest..OR the "BIG HAMMER" comes out to make the efforts look futile,, afterall they have a lot of stuff to try out..

timshufflin
04-17-2014, 05:49 PM
I'm sorry, where in Article I Section VIII of the US Constitution does the Federal government have the right to have a BLM? Is there some departmental acronym clause I don't know about?

Michigan has 4.5 million acres of woods and water we would like back to serve the people of THIS state. There are states that have MILLIONS of acres of land with oil under it and these states would like to use that oil. The voters of california, new york, connecticut, massachusetts, rhode island, and the other crap holes across this country shouldn't be telling other states what they can do with their land.

If a voter from new york likes the land from Alaska, move there!

jbkf1003
04-17-2014, 07:21 PM
Agreed Tim. Subsequently, The fact that this administration is allowed to continue to enforce laws boggles my mind. It's probably the most lawless and corrupt administration in history. If Local Sheriffs come out and say they will not enforce UNCONSTITUTIONAL laws passed by local legislatures, when they swear an oath to do uphold the constitution, they are told they can't pick and chose what laws they can enforce. Yet the Executive branch of the Federal Government who's job it is to ENFORCE, not CREATE laws routinely publicly states what laws they will and will not enforce. Then there is the whole executive order thing...

The fact that this did not end in bloodshed surprised me, yet it is telling as to the state of our nation. I'm sure there will be another flash point in the not too distant future.

Justin