PDA

View Full Version : What in the hell?

Roadkingtrax
04-21-2014, 08:53 PM
Another, I can't believe people are buying this stuff...

http://cmpauction.thecmp.org/detail.asp?id=1830&n=Box-of-200-BAD-SA-M1-Garand-Barrels

Orlando
04-22-2014, 05:46 AM
Yes but Orest may have touched them

Old Guard
04-22-2014, 09:21 AM
Omg, some one going to build a fence of shotout barrels? like St. Louis Missouri, grants farm?

seaninmich
04-22-2014, 09:26 AM
simple, really. two things are happening here:

1) the buyer is local, so he will save what could be over $1000 in freight costs (UPS freight estimated $1700 to chip that box to my home with liftgate service)

2) being local, the buyer has inside info from CMP. Someone has either a) told him that they aren't that bad or b) someone has intentionally slipped some good barrels into that crate for a specific local buyer.

Old Guard
04-22-2014, 09:28 AM

1) the buyer is local, so he will save what could be over $1000 in freight costs (UPS freight estimated $1700 to chip that box to my home with liftgate service)

2) being local, the buyer has inside info from CMP. Someone has either a) told him that they aren't that bad or b) someone has intentionally slipped some good barrels into that crate for a specific local buyer.

Now Sean, Ya know that all the dealings there are on the upper side??Yeahh baby. BTW, That is quite a freight charge..

seaninmich
04-22-2014, 10:08 AM
Now Sean, Ya know that all the dealings there are on the upper side??Yeahh baby. BTW, That is quite a freight charge..

yes, which is why former employees coincidentally happen to have the largest collections of garands and parts in the country. but, I'm sure, that's just a coincidence

HerkyBird
04-22-2014, 12:33 PM

I've never been a CMP forum guy. The only dealings I've had is the one Garand I bought and a few parts purchases for my Mini G build. Is that really how they operate over there. That seems pretty dang shady.

Oh...Who is Orest?

seaninmich
04-22-2014, 01:26 PM
Is that really how they operate over there.

if you only knew....

centurion20000
04-22-2014, 10:02 PM
Ok, as an also-CMP forum member I must admit a lot of curiosity on this one. I've actually gotten some good deals over there. What gives?

stratochief
04-23-2014, 07:42 AM
Ok, as an also-CMP forum member I must admit a lot of curiosity on this one. I've actually gotten some good deals over there. What gives?

It's the same guys who are constantly whining about the CMP over nothing. That's what gives.

Roadkingtrax
04-23-2014, 08:49 PM

The auctions, usually have some unique or special weapons. The junk auctions? I never understood.

I think its rather comical...

seaninmich
04-23-2014, 09:01 PM
The auctions, usually have some unique or special weapons. The junk auctions? I never understood.

One of the most popular ways for employees to steal product or supplies from their place of employment is to take it out with the trash (junk). just sayin'...

centurion20000
04-23-2014, 09:26 PM
Once fired 30-06 at 14 cents seemed like a really good deal. :)

AP pills at 50 cents works too.

Hmmm

timshufflin
04-23-2014, 10:17 PM
It's the same guys who are constantly whining about the CMP over nothing. That's what gives.

Not sure wher you stand on anything CMP but there are things to whine about. I've personally been boned by CMP shananigans. I've watched as a sale was rigged right in front of me. I saw good people cheated by bad people and I'm glad to say I didn't stand by and let it happen.

The CMP does some very good things but integrity may not be one of them.

Orlando
04-24-2014, 05:50 AM
Maybe CMP is fine there are just a few bad eggs working there?????

seaninmich
04-24-2014, 06:31 AM

Sure. Same as drug cartels and the mafia

timshufflin
04-24-2014, 07:21 AM

Maybe, could be. If the CMP was for profit and truly private company I really couldn't possibly care less who they let cut in line or get special access from a moral aspect, a right and wrong aspect. The CMP is a government sanctioned entity though, they get free government stuff that nobody else gets to have. I should never have to worry about them giving access to that stuff to anybody else over the least of my brothers. If they do it to even a mere once in a lifetime buyer, they'll do it to you.

Old Guard
04-24-2014, 09:06 AM
Maybe, could be. If the CMP was for profit and truly private company I really couldn't possibly care less who they let cut in line or get special access from a moral aspect, a right and wrong aspect. The CMP is a government sanctioned entity though, they get free government stuff that nobody else gets to have. I should never have to worry about them giving access to that stuff to anybody else over the least of my brothers. If they do it to even a mere once in a lifetime buyer, they'll do it to you.

Same here, Some times you feel like a CMP bargain and then you can feel taken..not at all like dealing with a private company..Don't know if it is considered whining, but, it is best to be Informed about the operations.. But Sean is right, I noticed some Sly dealings involving Junk or trash parts showing up for sale??

canes7
04-24-2014, 09:49 AM
After the first year or two of dealing with the CMP I came to feel as if there were different tiers of customers. There are the everyday types, the celebrities and then the shadow customers. The everyday types probably encompass 95% of their customer base. This could be the guy who buys 1 rifle ever or the guy who buys his allotment every year. When this guy is done shopping the CMP says thanks and out the door you go. What separates the everyday guy form the celebrity is the celebrity will get special access to back-room stuff every so often or get cherry picking parties (we know who they are) and able to cut in line at the store on release day. The back room guy is what I think Sean speaks of so much. They guy who gets special info, special access and priority but knows how to keep his mouth shut (most of the time).

cuppednlocked
04-24-2014, 09:28 PM
Loose lips sink ships!

I know of one sweet-heart deal that happened. It was a while ago but I trust the source. I have yet to see the rifle but I am confident it is as he says.

Roadkingtrax
04-24-2014, 11:31 PM
Loose lips sink ships!

I know of one sweet-heart deal that happened. It was a while ago but I trust the source. I have yet to see the rifle but I am confident it is as he says.

WW2 Time Capsule fall off the truck?

cuppednlocked
04-26-2014, 07:52 AM
No, it was the other end of the spectrum. The event happened many moons ago.

HerkyBird
04-27-2014, 10:23 PM
Still would like to know who the hell Orest is.

jak
04-27-2014, 10:42 PM
Still would like to know who the hell Orest is.

This is the cmp version of who orest is.

http://www.odcmp.com/Comm/COO.htm

HerkyBird
04-28-2014, 07:06 AM
This is the cmp version of who orest is.

http://www.odcmp.com/Comm/COO.htm

I'm assuming people over there kiss his butt because of his position. What's the non-CMP consensus of who he is. A shady douchebag?

stratochief
04-28-2014, 02:27 PM
I'm assuming people over there kiss his butt because of his position. What's the non-CMP consensus of who he is. A shady douchebag?

He's a decent guy and seems to go out of his way to help people, but has said the constant ass-kissing on the forums can sometimes be bordering on childish. As far as what goes on behind the scenes, I would expect there to be some level of it back-scratching, but that's normal for any company.

Old Guard
05-01-2014, 02:15 PM
Back to the subject, the box of barrels on auction is over $4000.00 now and weighs plenty..Figures to 20 dollars a barrel, how many jewels to the pound? Anybody know who the top bidder is now? I don't know any of the Auction code names.