PDA

View Full Version : Experimentation with my GoPro camera

canes7
04-23-2014, 03:46 PM
This is my first attempt at videoing and editing just about anything. These little camera's are pretty cool, I plan on taking it fishing with me this weekend. Maybe I'll have some trout catching videos on Monday.

http://youtu.be/KmHKVmikOUs

Orlando
04-23-2014, 04:39 PM
I like, someday I would like to get one to take on my fishing trips.
Nice shooting to

Jimbo Slice
04-23-2014, 05:34 PM
Yes, cool video!

I have a couple of questions... What model GoPro was it? Did you have the waterproof enclosure or the skeleton enclosure on? Why do you wear flip flops?

canes7
04-23-2014, 06:06 PM
Thanks O.

Its a Hero3+ Silver edition. I chose that because it had a few more video options than the lower edition. 120 FPS frame rate was the deciding factor. I had it in the waterproof enclosure, it stays there most of the time. I see no reason to remove it.

I wear flip-flops because it's the inner-redneck in me coming out.

The fishing trip will be interesting. I cut a 3' section of PVC to mount it to and will keep it in its waterproof enclosure. I hope to get some shots of swimming brookies and rainbows and maybe a few shots of someone landing a fish.

timshufflin
04-23-2014, 06:50 PM
I used one on my last elk hunt, it didn't do well. I'm going to see if I can get better with it.

Jimbo Slice
04-23-2014, 08:20 PM
Yes, my Wife bought the Hero3 Silver. I was wondering about the enclosure because the skeleton will give better sound quality, but I've found that the sound will clip if the decibels get too high. I've never tried gunfire through the skeleton, so I'm not sure how bad the clipping will get.

So far all I have is a few vids of the Wife going way too fast in her Imp, my Bro in law exploding a small homemade device, and the kids took it out sledding. I can't wait until this summer when we get to put it through the water torture test.

Oh, and I have a video of a ship launching that I tried to upload to Youtube, unfortunately it looks very pixilated and will not show in the 1080p that it was filmed at. Not sure if it is file size or what that causes this. Viewed on the LCD backpack it looks great.

Overall I'm very pleased with it. However, I do wish we had saved a bit more coin and gone with the Black edition simply because it has a far superior still camera which makes those time elapsed films so pretty.

cuppednlocked
04-23-2014, 08:52 PM
I think you can reduce the field of view to eliminate some of the "fish-eye" effect. I know I can do it with the Black 3+.

I've been using a GoPro for a while and the biggest complaint I have is the lack of zoom. If you plan what you shoot and limit the distance of the subject they do well.

Jimbo Slice
04-23-2014, 09:00 PM
I think you can reduce the field of view to eliminate some of the "fish-eye" effect. I know I can do it with the Black 3+.

I've been using a GoPro for a while and the biggest complaint I have is the lack of zoom. If you plan what you shoot and limit the distance of the subject they do well.

Yes, this is all correct.