PDA

View Full Version : If you are a Marine, how do you feel about how some of your "brothers" are treated?

timshufflin
04-24-2014, 07:38 AM
Big doings in the Marine's right now. There seems to be a very viable case of water poisoning that has been covered up by Marine brass for years. What do you make of a thug that would sell out his/her brothers for self gain? Another case of going off to fight an enemy thousands of miles away while an enemy lurks at your front door assaulting you and your family every day for years. Unforgivable!

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/04/erin-brockovich-rallies-outside-supreme-court-for-camp-lejuene-victims/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_Lejeune_water_contamination
http://www.tftptf.com

canes7
04-24-2014, 08:00 AM
It's not just limited to the Marines who stayed on base. Their families, who stayed in on base housing, were effected too. I know a few who grew up there.. a couple of 'em have some ailments that they blame directly on the water supply.

timshufflin
04-24-2014, 08:19 AM
It's almost entirely the family's of these Marines who are suffering. It appears that 2 out of the 8 water treatment plants on base were responsible for the "bad" water.

Old Guard
04-24-2014, 09:21 AM
Well guess it was hidden better than most news items..This is quite the shocker, with the water and wells still being used for so long..I have always been afraid of Carbon tet,and zylene. which we used to clean electrical cables and other parts..I cannot imagine it being in the water that so many TRUSTED, used and DRANK???

cuppednlocked
04-24-2014, 09:32 PM
It hasn't been hidden here! The water issue on board Lejune has been a topic in the news for quite a while.

Old Guard
04-25-2014, 11:22 AM
It hasn't been hidden here! The water issue on board Lejune has been a topic in the news for quite a while.
Correct , My Marine buddy knew about it after he spent 30 days there, years ago? But to propose to use the water for another area..I guess they did shut down and seal the bad wells..But the chance is it could migrate into the other ones close by??We has a similar experience up in Toone, Tn from a famous chemical company's dump..

timshufflin
04-25-2014, 11:59 AM
Correct , My Marine buddy knew about it after he spent 30 days there, years ago? But to propose to use the water for another area..I guess they did shut down and seal the bad wells..But the chance is it could migrate into the other ones close by??We has a similar experience up in Toone, Tn from a famous chemical company's dump..

My understanding, from the articles I posted, is that the Marines then re opened the wells that they had previously closed and merrily resumed serving the Marines and their families the tainted water.

jbkf1003
04-25-2014, 06:32 PM
This is the first I've heard of this. I guess that's my public school education at work again.

I should be shocked, but after this current regime, it seems I've become a bit desensitized to this type of thing. God Bless all those who have served.

Justin