PDA

View Full Version : Rack Grade M1D's under a thousand

paid4c4
06-10-2011, 02:38 PM
I just received my CMP sales update. They cleaning out the D's and offering Rack for under a thousand and field grade for 1200. I had hoped they'd come off the price of the M1C's but no soap, yet.
Bill

sandsnow
06-10-2011, 07:40 PM
I got so screwed in the 2007 M1D sale.

who would have thought there would have been a boatload available now. At least I didn't have to pay through the nose for accessories

So I guess it might be a wash.

MH53GUNNER
06-10-2011, 09:02 PM
I bet the rifles look like they were used to provide traction for tanks.

Accessories are being priced out of sight. I noticed a early model M2 flash Hider on GB that sold for over 300 bucks.

Let me ask you this.

Would anyone be willing to pay around 60 bucks for a first quality late model M2 hider? The min order for the lot is 2000 units. Do you think the market would take this?

captain_bob_badfish
06-10-2011, 09:15 PM
So tempting.

herrmann
06-11-2011, 12:25 PM
Sandsnow: Same deal here. I paid $2,200.00 only to see the price drop $700.00.

herrmann
06-11-2011, 12:26 PM
P.S. This is the primary reason I have not bought a C. And don't intend to. If I thought they were rare enough to command a premium price, I would buy (As with the D) but since they are so plentiful, the price can only come down (As with the D.)

Blockhead
06-11-2011, 06:05 PM
I bet the rifles look like they were used to provide traction for tanks.

Accessories are being priced out of sight. I noticed a early model M2 flash Hider on GB that sold for over 300 bucks.

Let me ask you this.

Would anyone be willing to pay around 60 bucks for a first quality late model M2 hider? The min order for the lot is 2000 units. Do you think the market would take this?

Great price, but I don't think you'd even be able to sell them all. Email sent.

Dave
06-11-2011, 06:20 PM
Unless I had all the needed parts already, I would'nt buy one, same as I did'nt buy any of the C's. I don't care what folks say, these current C/D's being sold will be nothing more than "put togethers" when/if done, CMP paper or not. I think that in the future the "original" lottery C's and earlier complete D's will be in their own class compared to the stripped down "build it yourself" ones being sold now. A rack grade D will always be a junker. It's not like buying a rack grade rifle you can rebuild, with a D your buying a rifle that you can't rebarrel without it being "non usgi" rifle, same as an "unpapered" basement build. If folks buy these and rebarrel them do they think thats ok because its still "CMP" papered? If so, then who can argue about all the unpapered D's that the purists scoff at as "non USGI"? Can ya see where I'm going with this?

sandsnow
06-11-2011, 08:52 PM
Unless I had all the needed parts already, I would'nt buy one, same as I did'nt buy any of the C's. I don't care what folks say, these current C/D's being sold will be nothing more than "put togethers" when/if done, CMP paper or not. I think that in the future the "original" lottery C's and earlier complete D's will be in their own class compared to the stripped down "build it yourself" ones being sold now. A rack grade D will always be a junker. It's not like buying a rack grade rifle you can rebuild, with a D your buying a rifle that you can't rebarrel without it being "non usgi" rifle, same as an "unpapered" basement build. If folks buy these and rebarrel them do they think thats ok because its still "CMP" papered? If so, then who can argue about all the unpapered D's that the purists scoff at as "non USGI"? Can ya see where I'm going with this?

Even the old lottery D's could have a replacement barrel. I think maybe we will see the price collapse.

Punch The Clown
06-11-2011, 08:55 PM

I agree. I broke up my un-papered D and sold off the parts while the frenzy was underway. The only ones I would buy as an investment are the old DCM guns.

Dave
06-12-2011, 09:52 AM
I agree. I broke up my un-papered D and sold off the parts while the frenzy was underway. The only ones I would buy as an investment are the old DCM guns.

I could do that also but in my case I could give a rats ass about a cmp paper so its staying as is. If you've handled milsurp long enough you know when a gun is real or put together. What I'm waiting to see is how the purists react/classify to all these current C's and D's being sold by the cmp. In the past, anytime someone asked a question about one the first thing most folks would ask is "does it have papers?" If it does'nt then the answers is always "its a put together". Ok, I understand that point of view and the fact that without paperwork you have no way of knowing who built it, when or where etc. BUT, lets say someone gets one of these rack grade D's, the barrel is junk so they replace it with a genuine USGI D barrel, which are out there and have been for years. Tell me then, what makes that rifle so special now that it has had it barrel replaced "outside" the system? Technically its no different than any other "unpapered" gun, yet it has a cmp paper. Yea...........I'm glad I did'nt get into the scoped guns much. I'm happy enough with the one D I have which is a non papered Samco import, built on a gas trap receiver and sits in a GAW stock.

MH53GUNNER
06-12-2011, 10:53 AM
Don't think for one minute that the CMP would not replace a barrel on a M1C or M1D. The CMP replaces barrels all day long. You can bet that they received barrels with the load of stuff from the Greeks. The name of the game is making as much $$$$ as possible.

How many have seen other stocks without the open box on the M1D rifles being sold? I noticed M1D rifles with HRA trigger groups and a host of mixed parts. So ask me why I will not drop 3000.00 bucks on a M1C???

Care to bet that the CMP does not have M1C receivers in crates? Stand by!

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Now avalible on the rifle sales page Completely rebuilt M1C and M1D rifles with reproduction scope mounts. Ready to install your aftermarket scope. These rifles have been completely reworked with NOS parts to like new condition. The supply of original M1C and M1D rifles has long been depleated. Don't wait to own your piece of American Military History. Each rifle has been carefully reparked and test fired for function. We have used reproduction M1 Barrels made by Criterion on each of the rifles being offered.

Remember the CMP exist to make money for the shooting sports and if the market will pay the price the better off the CMP is in the long run.

Orest has said time and time again that he wants to get out of the rifle sales business and focus on the real mission of the CMP.

In time being I for one am glad that I still can purchase up to 12 Garands a year.