PDA

View Full Version : IHC on Gunbroker

Roadkingtrax
05-07-2014, 08:54 PM
IHC on Gunbroker. Don't dare ask about the Muzzle or Throat erosion! ....looks like he's quite confident.

If the rifle has a very worn barrel, I would seriously doubt its originality in any shape or form.

Here is the CMP Feb, 2000 description of a "collector grade",

"COLLECTOR GRADE: $750.00 - Limit of one per customer per calendar year, when available - Either of two criteria qualifies a rifle for this grade: originality or scarcity. Condition is secondary: the rifle is not likely to appear "new", and in fact may look no better than some rifles in Service or Select grades. Bore condition may gauge from 1 to 5. As of November 1, 1999 please add $19.95 shipping charge per rifle.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=413730754

"Up for un-reserved auction is a 1999 CMP Sale Collector Grade IHC M1 Garand rifle. 1999 and 2000 CMP Collector Grade sales rifles are known to include some of the finest WWII era and IHC guns ever transferred by the Army to CMP, and are highly sought after by advanced U.S. Martial arms collectors. This rifle is no exception and is 100% original "right as rain" with absolutely no help or homework what so ever after leaving the IHC factory except for the addition of a typical U.S. unit number stensiled on the stock and 50's dated MRT marked cotton web sling. If you have to ask any questions about this rifle or inquire as to bore condition, TE, ME readings, or why the stock appears to be "sliced at the butt, or "why does the receiver appear pitted at the corner of the heel"...you should not be contemplating purchasing this rifle. Have taken a gang of photos for your perusal. Going to start this auction at a reasonably LOW opening, considering the desirability of this fine example of an IHC M1 Garand rifle. I have seen the Turkey IHC's and can assure you, they do not look like this. This rifle would easily sell for twice as much as our opening bid if it were to be offered on the CMP auction site today. This fine rifle will sell here on Gunbroker, with absolutely no reserve to the highest informed bidder. Good luck bidding! Gunbroker is an AUCTION site not the classifieds. I only want the business of informed, serious buyers and have no time for tire-kickers or buyers remorse.

If you win an auction I get charged a fee. I can assure you I have nothing to hide and have been in the collectable U.S. military firearm business for well over 30 years." I am pretty easy to deal with. FFL holder and New York State licensed to deal in firearms and fully insured and bonded. This firearm requires shipment to a licensed dealer or individual. Please do not bid if you cannot legally own this firearm in your state or municipality. Thank you for viewing our auction. Buyer pays flat $65.00 shipping and handling lower 48. This item will ship UPS ground and will be professionally packaged in original CMP shipping box/documents with outer box protective packing. Insurance is included in shipping quote. Please know what you are bidding on.

If you have fewer than 5 transactions on Gun Broker, you need to email first before bidding or your bids will be blocked. We have combined over 9000 firearm transfers and tens of thousands of part sales on the internet since 1995 and mail order since 1984. Bid with confidence. Absolutely No Pal Pal or credit cards with their high processing fees. The only accepted forms of payment are both personal and business checks, money orders, tellers check or certified bank check. Please know your local and state laws before bidding. This firearm is available for inspection in our showroom. Yep, we have 4 negative feedbacks from long ago FROM THE SAME vindictive, un-reasonable idiot who won 4 of our ammunition auctions and refused to pay published UPS shipping charges. Other than this myopic individual, Oriongroup feedback has been stellar. View our complete M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, and M14 catalog on the web at http://www.m1garand.com

jak
05-07-2014, 10:25 PM
I know very little about IHC's. Would a so called correct IHC with a barrel date from 1954 have a stock from September of 1952 ?

buckley94thmp
05-08-2014, 02:39 AM
* total speculation *

the stock was is OR2662 that puts it at September 23rd 1952 and the barrel is January 1954 ( about 15 mos )

IHC had all sorts of production problems and i believe that their stock dates seldom correspond with their rifle manufacture dates. also this is one of the biscut stocks that had to be returned to overton for repairs so.... my.02 is that the rifle is as described. but seriously im just some asshole with a keyboard.

Orlando
05-08-2014, 05:45 AM
I beleive thats a rifle from Tony Giacobbe from Orion 7

timshufflin
05-08-2014, 07:05 AM
That is a "low" opening bid? Holy smokes! I've sold a few IHC's, correct ones, not even in the zip code of the price they want for that.

seaninmich
05-08-2014, 08:01 AM
price is so far out of line I won't even bother to comment

Prince Humperdink
05-08-2014, 12:42 PM
Maybe the Irainians will see the price of this and smuggle all of their crated IHC's to try and flood our IHC market to drop the prices in order to demoralize Americans?I hope so!

LEAD POISON
05-08-2014, 10:55 PM
I think that's Orest trying to get the prices up.