PDA

View Full Version : need help in new york

seaninmich
05-08-2014, 12:55 PM
Looking for someone to act as my agent to go to spumoni gardens on 86th in Brooklyn, pick up a pizza,pack it, and overnight it to me.

I will cover all costs. Please email me if you can help

timshufflin
05-08-2014, 08:50 PM
You could call them and have them ship it to you? I've never heard of a quality pizza place or restaurant that wouldn't accommodate someone missing home, wink...wink. Just tell them you used to live in Brooklyn and that they have the best pie in the country, they'll ship it.

seaninmich
05-08-2014, 09:05 PM
I called them this morning. I asked if they would ship. no chance whatsoever.

I speak English. No way anyone would ever believe I am from new york. i need a denizen to pick it up and ship it to me

TommyD11730
05-08-2014, 10:45 PM
If I was closer I would do it in a flash. No pizza joint I know worth a damn delivers around here, much less mail orders food. FWIW a pie sitting in a cardboard box off gassing the steam will taste like that box in no time flat anyhow.

seaninmich
05-09-2014, 06:20 AM
I FWIW a pie sitting in a cardboard box off gassing the steam will taste like that box in no time flat anyhow.

apparently stu did it for tim and it was fine.

seaninmich
05-11-2014, 06:19 PM
Bump to top. Still looking

timshufflin
05-13-2014, 07:20 AM
Bump to top. Still looking

Did you upset Stu in a former life or is he actually hiding from you? His house is done and I've talked to him at least twice about this. He acted like he might help but I could be reaching.

seaninmich
05-13-2014, 07:25 AM
Did you upset Stu in a former life or is he actually hiding from you? His house is done and I've talked to him at least twice about this. He acted like he might help but I could be reaching.

Dunno. he's hiding. I think he knows what I already know and is just afraid to admit it.

Then bottom line is this: I leave for california at the end of the week and will be gone a month. If a spumoni gardens pizza is not at my house by friday of this week, I will make the official and unchangeable declaration that nyc cannot, in any way shape or form, make an edible pizza.

axemurderer
05-13-2014, 01:25 PM
Sean I do believe you are under the delusion that anyone in NYC cares what people from the "insert expletive here" think about pizza. I like like Stu have come to realize is that what the Michiganer says is unimportant and we do not hear his words!! However my invite still stands for pizza in Staten Island. Should you find you way here. nice thin crust and crispy!!!!!

Mike

PS: There ain't no pizza in cali either.

Dunno. he's hiding. I think he knows what I already know and is just afraid to admit it.

Then bottom line is this: I leave for california at the end of the week and will be gone a month. If a spumoni gardens pizza is not at my house by friday of this week, I will make the official and unchangeable declaration that nyc cannot, in any way shape or form, make an edible pizza.

seaninmich
05-13-2014, 01:34 PM
Sean I do believe you are under the delusion that anyone in NYC cares what people from the "insert expletive here" think about pizza. I like like Stu have come to realize is that what the Michiganer says is unimportant and we do not hear his words!! However my invite still stands for pizza in Staten Island. Should you find you way here. nice thin crust and crispy!!!!!

Mike

PS: There ain't no pizza in cali either.

it's not just people from michigan. the whole world hates new york city. I've been there many times. There is no question in my mind why people fly planes into your buildings.

Michigan is home to headquarters of 5 of the largest pizza chains in america including #1 DOMINOES. all you have in new york is sbarro. yes, sbarro - that crappy mall pizza.

I have been to both california and new york - as few as 3 weeks apart. The food in cali is undeniably better than new york.

seaninmich
05-16-2014, 04:19 PM
another bump. Can I only assume that new yorkers are finally willing to admit that their pizza is septic tank scrapings?

TommyD11730
05-16-2014, 04:51 PM
Some of had friends in those Towers and it's best you shut your mouth now.

seaninmich
05-16-2014, 04:55 PM
Some of had friends in those Towers and it's best you shut your mouth now.

facts are facts, even if they are unpleasant.

axemurderer
05-16-2014, 04:59 PM
It pays to check in once in awhile. Looks like Sean is off his meds again, because anyone who brags about Domino's needs medical attention!!!

Mike

it's not just people from michigan. the whole world hates new york city. I've been there many times. There is no question in my mind why people fly planes into your buildings.

Michigan is home to headquarters of 5 of the largest pizza chains in america including #1 DOMINOES. all you have in new york is sbarro. yes, sbarro - that crappy mall pizza.

I have been to both california and new york - as few as 3 weeks apart. The food in cali is undeniably better than new york.

seaninmich
05-16-2014, 05:14 PM
It pays to check in once in awhile. Looks like Sean is off his meds again, because anyone who brags about Domino's needs medical attention!!!

Mike

Not bragging about dominos, although since they rebuilt the company a couple years ago, their pizza is WAY better. My point was the only edible pizza in nyc was dominos. very little of what they call "food" there is actually fit for human consumption. That also leads me to a good question, though - why do all of the women in nyc have such big butts?? It's not just "some" or even "most". it's ALL. Even teenage girls that aren't necessarily fat have these huge bubble butts. is that from your food-like material or is it intentional? We were trying to figure it out.

timshufflin
05-16-2014, 05:27 PM
Not bragging about dominos, although since they rebuilt the company a couple years ago, their pizza is WAY better. My point was the only edible pizza in nyc was dominos. very little of what they call "food" there is actually fit for human consumption. That also leads me to a good question, though - why do all of the women in nyc have such big butts?? It's not just "some" or even "most". it's ALL. Even teenage girls that aren't necessarily fat have these huge bubble butts. is that from your food-like material or is it intentional? We were trying to figure it out.

You know Stu has mentioned to me that this is a problem in nyc. He mentioned it, not me. I brought up michelle oboombyas large 2 axe handle butt and Stu said that this was rampant all over nyc. He called the "people" who grew these large butt's, "third worlders".

On the towers, it's sad that they were knocked down and people lost their lives. It's also sad that the entire rest of the country has had to pay for it for the last 13 years and will never be allowed to forget it. I have never seen a state that takes so much money for every single thing that befalls it, well, maybe california.

TommyD11730
05-16-2014, 06:26 PM
All I know is my Bud was a Vet, went in as a first responder and is dead now trying to save others. Anyone who thinks he deserved it because he lived in this shit hole is a jackass.

timshufflin
05-16-2014, 06:43 PM
All I know is my Bud was a Vet, went in as a first responder and is dead now trying to save others. Anyone who thinks he deserved it because he lived in this shit hole is a jackass.

Well that I agree on.

axemurderer
05-18-2014, 09:05 PM
Well the wife took me to L&B Spumoni gardens to eat. I was a little concerned that I would feel guilty about not sending Sean some of this manna from heaven. I did not. I did so enjoy the hearty fare that I realized Sean did not deserve such a wonderful food experience. Had some great spumoni also!!!!! Yesterday I went to Nathan's, now that's a hot dog! But I really go there for the frogs legs.

Mike

Old Guard
05-19-2014, 09:05 AM
Well the wife took me to L&B Spumoni gardens to eat. I was a little concerned that I would feel guilty about not sending Sean some of this manna from heaven. I did not. I did so enjoy the hearty fare that I realized Sean did not deserve such a wonderful food experience. Had some great spumoni also!!!!! Yesterday I went to Nathan's, now that's a hot dog! But I really go there for the frogs legs.

Mike

Yaaahhh, someone from the North whom likes froglegs...Yes, they are great when fryed...I like them with freshwater fish and veggies....

Old Guard
05-19-2014, 09:08 AM

Sorry for your loss.. The rest of us,whom live in this country are still paying for this action.....Trust in fellow man is never to be like it was before the Tower attacks..

Old Guard
05-19-2014, 09:38 AM

Mike

Dominoes pizza used to be about like eating the boxes here? I guess the re-furb helped with the taste..I do know they nearly starve the drivers whom deliver the stuff? In an emergency, you could eat and survive, it if it is still hot..Toughens up when cooled..

seaninmich
05-19-2014, 09:06 PM

I assume that, by listing his creds, you are just trying to describe him and not suggesting that, as a vet and first responder he was any more important than the janitor. That aside, nyc is an awful place. I travel every inch of this country for work. Hands down, new york has the most awful people, the most awful drivers, the most awful taxes and tolls, and is filthier than any other major city. If you are going to be the rudest people in the country and let your city look and smell like an unwiped ass, you don't get to scratch your head and say "why would someone attack US??"

seaninmich
05-19-2014, 09:08 PM

Mike

wow. I'm all broken up. the taste buds of a new yorker cannot give valid reviews of the food. send a guy to prison and let him toss salad 3 times a day for 30 years and I'll bet he starts to claim ass tastes good, too

axemurderer
05-20-2014, 05:39 PM
Sean, you so funny!!!!!

Mike